News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Would any of you guys buy...

Started by jb666, March 27, 2010, 06:39:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooter

Quote from: adauto on March 28, 2010, 10:01:09 PM
Quote from: jb666 on March 27, 2010, 06:39:37 PM
I know this severely effects the resale value, but if the car was fixed properly, would you buy it?
:popcrn:

As a recycler we've drivn' rebuilders for 25 years! Think of it this way, most guys MOPARS are rebuilder's of some sort!  :2thumbs: 

You are exactly right...BUT! There's one helluva difference between a 2003 "Cookie cutter" Cobra that has WAY to many brothers and sisters out there, and a 1970 HEMI Challenger that is one of about 300 left....Some are worth rebuilding and some not, no matter how much you put in 'em...I've even seen some "Plain Jane" cars that are worth rebuilding more so than a 2003 Ford Mustang...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

NGC414

Out of couriosity, what was he asking? Was the other car a supercharged SVT Cobra?

RTDaddy

One thing you have got to watch out for on this new stuff is electrical troubles.  The way a lot of the wiring harnesses are routed they tend to get damaged in hits.  A lot of these guys will "piece" a harnes to get by, and jumper to get stuff working.  Guess what happens when you try to hook up diagnostic equipment?  As others have mentioned there are/can be issues with titling a salvage car, and insurance on a salvage car, and the lesser value at resale.  It would have to be a real deal for me to think about looking at one.  Just my  :Twocents:  Good luck.

"IF YOU'RE UNDER CONTROL, YOU AIN'T GOING FAST ENOUGH."
"IF YOU'RE UNDER CONTROL, YOU AIN'T GOING FAST ENOUGH."