News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

3-22-2010 1958 belvy on ebay for sale

Started by moparmoynihan, March 22, 2010, 05:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparmoynihan

I am very much interested in this car. It looks like it has a 57 grill in it, but I am not sure. The inside head light looks smaller like a 57. It does have the '58 tail lights. It is rough, but I love them this way. The vin is in the add, how do I tell the car is a legit 58? I do not want to own a 57 or cloned car. Any help would be awesome. Thanks Johnny  :METAL:
b7 1969 Charger 4 speed 440 4:10

Cooter

Well, "LP" in the VIN # is '58 only, BUT! This car has been hacked quite a bit..Looks to be a '57 trunk lid and '57 Front grille...However, there are also ALOT of things that point this car to being a '58, bodywise...

This car has the incorrect steering column (GM), the ignition switch is just hanging there, the seat patterns come back to a plain jane Savoy instead of the upper scale Belvedere..Someone has swapped the enigne and trans as well....In Charger terms, it's being advertised as a " '69 Charger R/T, when in fact, it's a '69 Charger 318 car"...

It would cost one in the neighborhood of around $1000-$2000 to put the Sportone trim down the sides as the Belvedere.fury's and "Christine" had....

Also, to find the correct steering column and convert back is costly as well..You can count on the floors needing replaced, as well as the trunk floor and outer rockers, possibly inner rockers as well...While all these parts CAN be had, they are not as cheap as the musclecar floor pans....

The complete floor trunk included would run around $900-$1200 less shipping..If you wanted factory panels, you might come out slighty better...

The only drawback to these cars is with there full frames and early T-bar locations, full leangth headers are out of the question...Shorties or manifolds...Heater cores are another problem....Nobody repops them...If you do decide to buy this car, just lemme know, and I'll try and hook you up with parts people for these cars...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

moparmoynihan

Thanks for the reply Cooter  :2thumbs: I am going to watch this car and see what she brings. If its not to out of control, I will bid and try and take her home. These cars are not falling from the sky anymore, well I have been looking for a while and have not really seen that many come up for sale at all. I like it hacked up a little, this way a 440 and a 4 speed will find there way under the hood. So we will see. I may be on my way to having my second favorite car of all time. Then the stable will be complete. PS, my buddy purchased the Black 60 Savoy (383 4 speed) from Carlisle last year and he's dying for me to get a wing car. So I hope this works out. Thanks RD for posting the add, I still don't know how to do that  :scratchchin: 

http://tinypic.com/r/2ry3p5u/5

moparmoynihan