News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2 Barrel Carb 400

Started by Als73charger, March 21, 2010, 08:50:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Als73charger

- I installed new plugs last month
  - I cannot feather the gas to keep the engine going
  - New ballast resistor(I did get the correct Ohm readings, according to a Chilton manual I have)

When I re-built the carb, I took it completely apart and cleaned all the little nooks and crannies with carb cleaner
   and Q-tips. Re-installed new gaskets, O-rings, etc. I am wondering if I installed some of the linkage wrong 
   perhaps? I suspect the choke is not hooked up correctly?   :shruggy:  Al

Als73charger

Ok, I found new ballast resistor that I installed had cracked. Re-installed old one and managed to get her to fire up and run for a couple of seconds. I will have to get a new replacement resistor and see if that helps things. Al

RECHRGD

The ballast resister is bypassed while starting and then the voltage runs through it to the coil when it's in the run position.  Sounds like a bad one to me.  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

Als73charger

Finally figured it out! :scratchchin: Some of the parts I used in re-building the carb(Float needle) were not allowing enough gas into the resevoir. Re-installed the old one again with no problem. Replaced the cracked ballast resistor, set the timing about 10 degrees advanced and she runs almost Perfect :icon_smile_big: Just have a little hesitation when I hit the gas(she wants to stall when I punch it). Anyways, I would like to thank Craig(Flyinlow) for his helpful advice and the rest of you guys for helping out, once again. I can at least start driving around now(of course it is trying to snow right now) :icon_smile_wink:  Al

flyinlow

Als73charger

I have a small issue with the accelerator pump. Can you put in a stronger spring on this? Is the round rubber disk shaped piston supposed to be installed concave down or up? Right now it is facing down and I think it is causing my engine to sputter when I accelerate.  Al