News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Scow-now in shiny

Started by SFRT, March 20, 2010, 09:51:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SFRT

subassembly: the subframe connectors and torque boxes are welded in. in a few weeks i am going to go to a 1/2" fuel line and a electric helper pump and also re-route the battery line to the trunk...and re-detail the underside of the car. i did have to remove some of the dynamat and replace it...luckily the stereo store by my house sells it by the foot, so I didnt have to buy a ton of it that shit is expensive.

yesterday we also took out the headliner and instlled the dome light assembly which had been missing. big pain in the ass.

we are having a Chiselers run Sunday ( you should come) and I am hoping to have the car finished by then. so I am going to do like a 48 hour grind wednesday and thursday to get the car totally reassembled. then next week I will need to tweak a few things to get all the alignments on the bumpers and so on perfect.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SFRT

artistic shot by Dirty Donny

Always Drive Responsibly

Brock Samson

"we are having a Chiselers run Sunday"  do tell,..  :popcrn:

SFRT

we are going to meet at Ocean beach/the safeway on lincoln midday , cruise through town and head south. everyones welcome. when Sharon does the map I will post it in the cruises section.
Always Drive Responsibly

WHITE AND RED 69

The paint looks perfect! Nice work.  :drool5:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Wicked72

M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

Ryan

your making me want to put steelies and hubcaps on my car..... that looks great
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

mopar73

Patronus

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Bob T

wow, that would make the Dodge Brothers sit up and stare  :yesnod:.    :2thumbs:  , hope your 48hr hit gets you on the road for the run.  :cheers:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

firefighter3931

Very Nice Frank, looks Fantastic with the glossy paint !   :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

SFRT

thanks guys..never thought it would ever look this nice, im pretty happy.

as far as steelies...only way to go. looks tough as hell that way.
Always Drive Responsibly

Patronus

I was gonna say, Im not a hub-cap fan but that car looks great. Im thinking gloss black with a red stripe and those dog dishes.... man, sick
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

SFRT

the glass guy insatlled the new windhsield, new backlight and new trim today

Always Drive Responsibly

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly

Ryan

Is that the new reproduction AMD trim? If so how did it fit?
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

FlatbackFanatic

I thought your car looked bad ass before,,, Now I'm just speechless!!!!!!! :drool5: :drool5: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: Great job!!
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

SFRT

it is repro trim and it fits well. not quite as perfect as the old stuff but acceptable. my old trim was trashed.
Always Drive Responsibly

twodko

I have to say it again Frank, that is very gorgeous car, good job buddy.

Now that I've seen a shot of your grille is all the trim original? If so, did you restore it yourself? Lastly, assuming the above, did you clear cost it and with what? Pardon all the questions but I'm just now polishing all my trim after extensive use of EasyOff and sanding and I want to protect my hard work. Thanks.

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: twodko on March 24, 2010, 11:04:54 AM
I have to say it again Frank, that is very gorgeous car, good job buddy.

Now that I've seen a shot of your grille is all the trim original? If so, did you restore it yourself? Lastly, assuming the above, did you clear cost it and with what? Pardon all the questions but I'm just now polishing all my trim after extensive use of EasyOff and sanding and I want to protect my hard work. Thanks.

Tom

When I sanded all the anodizing off of the grille trim from my 68 I simply kept a coat of polish on it for protection. It still looked new when I sold the car 3 years later.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

twodko

I see 3 choices:

1. SEM gloss clear coat

2. Clear gloss powder coat

3. Carefully polish with alum polish and avoid getting it on the plastic....PITA.

Someone here mentioned making sure every bit of buffing compound os gone before applying a rattle can clear.

Powder coating seems like it would be the best choice but there are more important things I need to spend money on. Its a delimma.

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

SFRT

grille trim is original cherry picked from several grilles I bought . I polished it all with Wizard's, the pink floss stuff. I keep ot c;ean all the time, rarely re-polish I usually wipe it down with Wizards detail spray every couple of days.
Always Drive Responsibly

Brock Samson

..with such a cool project you've essentially rebuilt twice from scratch in less then two years i think it would have to be an obsession to get done... congrats and hope to get good pics outside soon...  :2thumbs:

SFRT

saturday 8 am.......all thats left is the stripe, a couple of lightbulbs and adjusting the windows.........fired the car last night runs purrrrrrfect.....
Always Drive Responsibly

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly