News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Body Hammers and Dollys

Started by Chatt69chgr, March 19, 2010, 10:18:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chatt69chgr

Has anyone used these type tools while working on their body?  I see that Martin and S&H sell these type tools and appear to be the latest incarnation of the Fairmount/Proto/Snap-on, ect. body tools.  The Martin pieces are USA made and appear to be very high quality but they are not cheap---of course, quality tools never are.  What do most of you use for general body work?  I'm thinking that you would want several different hammers, several different dollys, and a couple of spoons. 

Silver R/T

I have Martin set, it's high quality and well worth the price
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

69*F5*SE

Checkout daggertools.com from Michigan.  I own a set of hammers and dollys from them and they are high quality like Martin.  Their prices are reasonable.

http://www.daggertools.com/?m5:cat=%2FBody%20Hammers%20%26%20Dollies

restoman

I use Snap-On hammers, have a Martin that is very nice and a Sykes-Pykevant that is also nice. That big advantage to the Snap-On is the fluted handle, making it very easy on the hands and very easy to direct the force where you want it. Keep the faces clean and dressed and any good hammer will last a lifetime. The hammer I use the most is one I made myself, actually a slapper/spoon. Get used to one of those and the hammers tend to gather dust.  :2thumbs:
My dollies are Snap-On and MAC, and have a couple home made ones. I use a toe dolly for most of my work.

Rolling_Thunder

I just bought a really cheap set off Ebay - i know they are not high quality - but I am a realist...   I HATE doing body work...    so I went the cheap route and plan on only doing small things here and there as most of my cars are pretty straight...       The set I bought includes 3 hammers and 4 dollies...      I am confident that I can do anything on my cars with these tools...   They are heavy steel -

If i did bodywork as a professional or planned on doing a lot more than just my cars i would have invested in better quality tools - but for the shadetree weekend warrior these will work
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip