News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Medium blue and bright blue....the difference ???

Started by 71 Bee Man, March 16, 2010, 12:15:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

71 Bee Man

G'day guys,

just wondering if anyone can show me the difference between medium blue and bright blue for the interior of a 71 Charger.

I just did a tag decode on the net, and it reckons my interior is supposed to be medium blue, but I've always been of the opinion it's bright blue. Being in Australia I can't go out to a show and compare, so any help is appreciated.

Just for the record, my tag reads C2B5 .

Thanks,

Peter
Sydney, Australia.

Add your details to the Forum members List. Visit this thread to find out more :
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,21133.240.html

AKcharger

I wish I had some better interior pictures for ya' but from my experience bright blue IS correct for my '72, and I had the paint shop mix up some interior paint for me using the right blue code and it matched perfect. Perhaps they just called it medium blue in '71? While I didn't note my color code, what I can tell you from scouring swap meets and looking at cars there are NOT diffrent shades of blue interior for '71/'72's...at least none I've ever seen

71 Bee Man

G'day mate,

thanks so much for your reply.

It's just good to see a picture of an interior the same colour as mine. My interior needs new door panels and "A" pillar panels.....may as well throw kick panels in there as well. Not sure if you've read any other posts I've done on the interior, but I'm presently looking at getting repro panels from the States. I have been in two minds about it though because I don't want to spend heaps of money having them shipped here only to find they don't look any good.

Everyone keeps telling me "go with Legendary", but then there's the guy on Ebay (Azbob I think), and apparently everyone gets the trims made from the same suppliers anyway.

It looks like Legendary won't do sea mail to Australia, whereas the Ebay bloke will - saving me literally hundreds of dollars. I've emailed Legendary a couple of times over the last 2 weeks about postage costs but haven't had any reply yet. I'll gladly pay the money if they look decent.

In any case, I'm glad medium blue is the same. From what I've found out, thye code C2B5 only referred to the seats. After reading your post I might consider going to the local paint shop to mix up some bright blue......can you tell me one thing though.....if I want to get paint made to do the auto console, is the blue on that the same colour as the lower door panel or the upper door panel ? My car has some faded trim and I'm not sure what the actual blue for the console is supposed to look like. If I went to the paint shop, what would I ask them to match the paint to ?
Hope that made sense.

Peter

Add your details to the Forum members List. Visit this thread to find out more :
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,21133.240.html

AKcharger

Hmmm Good question. Both can fade but I think the door panels might hold their color better. What I'd suggest is wait till you get your other pieces then have the shop match THOSE pieces since they'll be the newest and will attract the most attention

AK