News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bull's 68 Charger restoration thread

Started by bull, March 15, 2010, 02:39:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tan top

:drool5: thats some nice work Bull  :yesnod:  awesome stuff  :2thumbs: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

cudacharger

WOW!! great job Bull!!  That charger is going to be awesome!   :2thumbs:

68blue

twodko

Bull,

The quality of your efforts have certainly set the bar higher for the rest of us..........OK only me. I like high bars!   :smilielol:

:2thumbs:  :2thumbs:  :2thumbs:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

bull

Thanks for the comments, guys. There's no end to how obsessive you can get with the details on a restoration and from that I've learned some things about myself. Mainly, that I'm too much of a perfectionist and I've had to let a lot of things go that I really don't want to let go because if I don't I'll never get done. I've seen plenty of restorations on this site that I think are better than mine though. And I have to be careful when looking at them that I don't start getting too obsessive again. It's a battle.

greenpigs

Bull

Only a squirrel is going to see most of that detail work :icon_smile_big:, get it together & on the road.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

bull

Quote from: greenpigs on February 11, 2011, 10:24:11 PM
Bull

Only a squirrel is going to see most of that detail work :icon_smile_big:, get it together & on the road.

Lol, will do. :2thumbs:

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: greenpigs on February 11, 2011, 10:24:11 PM
Bull

Have noticed that on mine also when looking back at the resto and looking at the car, all those things you spent hours and hours trying to get perfect and now you don't even see the parts. :eek2:

Great job you are doing there Bull. :2thumbs:

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

six-tee-nine

yeah, but it's nice to know for yourself that every single part is exactly what it should be, and you can invite someone with a mirror in his hand to look at your car from every possible angle....
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

bull

Quote from: six-tee-nine on February 12, 2011, 10:03:22 AM
yeah, but it's nice to know for yourself that every single part is exactly what it should be, and you can invite someone with a mirror in his hand to look at your car from every possible angle....

I don't know about that. :lol:

Here's a few new pics of it after getting the flywheel, clutch, pressure plate, bellhousing and tranny assembled.

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Brock Samson

:scratchchin: 'n here all this time I thought you was makin' a General...  :shruggy:  :2thumbs:   :drool5:

Good stuff!  :icon_smile_wink:

SkiJogg

You better stop now your starting to make me look bad. I have not shown any progress for a while :brickwall:
Hell don't hurt and a lick'n dot last

chargergirl

Quote from: SkiJogg on February 23, 2011, 10:53:15 AM
You better stop now your starting to make me look bad. I have not shown any progress for a while :brickwall:
Feeling your pain...does it count if you just traded for another 66 Charger? Been racing in the test and tune and once again the race car takes precident...Bull LOOKS AMAZING!!! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!
Trust your Woobie!

bull

That's ok. People on this site have been making me look bad for years. Eventually we'll all catch up. :2thumbs:

Steve P.

WOW!!!!!  bull, your car is really looking great... I have seen bits and pieces of this thread and just now sat and went through it all. I cannot believe how great it all looks..... Well, after talking to you on the phone some years ago I guess I actually can!!  :D I figured then that you would go crazy making it perfect or you would go nuts and sell it..  Very happy to see you took the working road. It's reallllllly paying off....

Only one thing. I see something in the pics that would just make me crazy, but I am not going to tell you what it is... hahahahaaha...  :icon_smile_cool:

Keep it up brother. You should be all broke in and tuned for the 2012 MATS..... See you there......  :cheers:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

clanton

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

bull

Quote from: Steve P. on February 26, 2011, 02:02:04 AM
I figured then that you would go crazy making it perfect or you would go nuts and sell it..  

So either way I'm insane. :eek2: That explains some things.

Only one thing. I see something in the pics that would just make me crazy, but I am not going to tell you what it is... hahahahaaha...  :icon_smile_cool:

Keep it up brother. You should be all broke in and tuned for the 2012 MATS..... See you there......  :cheers:

Oh great, a deadline. :icon_smile_blackeye:

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

bull

Only one thing. I see something in the pics that would just make me crazy, but I am not going to tell you what it is... hahahahaaha...  :icon_smile_cool:

Lemme guess. It's either the wrong PCV or the fact that I have no oil pressure sender installed and it won't be painted?

greenpigs

QuoteOnly one thing. I see something in the pics that would just make me crazy, but I am not going to tell you what it is... hahahahaaha...  

Is it the washer in between the spacers on the alternator?

Or that its not in your garage?
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

XS29J8

Quote from: bull on February 27, 2011, 05:14:49 PM

Lemme guess. It's either the wrong PCV or the fact that I have no oil pressure sender installed and it won't be painted?

Paint the PS Cap black.   :2thumbs:
HEMI 68 CHARGER R/T- 4-SPEED- 3.54 DANA- PP1 RED- BLACK VINYL TOP- PEARL WHITE UPHOLSTERY-STRIPE DELETE- AM 8 TRACK- NON CONSOLE- DRIVEN YEAR ROUND IN SOUTHWEST FLORIDA http://900z1.multiply.com/  http://kawasaki-z-classik.com/index.php  https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AmY22PaMZ1H3dFczVWR2ZlJaX1BvTDFIVUdUZVlseWc&hl=en&authkey=CPi1hp8J#gid=0

bull

Quote from: greenpigs on February 27, 2011, 06:40:19 PM
QuoteOnly one thing. I see something in the pics that would just make me crazy, but I am not going to tell you what it is... hahahahaaha... 

Is it the washer in between the spacers on the alternator?

Or that its not in your garage?

I'm not sure why I even put those on there. :shruggy: I have no plans to use them.

Quote from: XS29J8 on February 27, 2011, 07:01:57 PM
Quote from: bull on February 27, 2011, 05:14:49 PM

Paint the PS Cap black.   :2thumbs:

:confused: Huh? I've never seen a black cap on these steering pumps? All the ones I've seen have been silver.

SkiJogg

Thats because the paint came off a lot of them. Your doing a great job I was kidding about slowing down.
Hell don't hurt and a lick'n dot last

greenpigs

QuoteI'm not sure why I even put those on there.  I have no plans to use them.

Was it to help align the pulleys?
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free