News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 Charger rebuild

Started by 68pplcharger, March 11, 2010, 09:07:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

6spd68

Quote from: VegasCharger on August 07, 2012, 04:05:00 PM
Awesome another Charger saved by not being a GL!!!!!! Keep up the good work!!!!  :cheers:

Exactly, the world is a slightly better place because of this :yesnod:
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

68pplcharger

Suspension hooked up and hood on again.

68pplcharger

Quote from: 6spd68 on August 09, 2013, 02:40:00 PM
Quote from: VegasCharger on August 07, 2012, 04:05:00 PM
Awesome another Charger saved by not being a GL!!!!!! Keep up the good work!!!!  :cheers:

Exactly, the world is a slightly better place because of this :yesnod:

LOL agreed... :cheers:

Baldwinvette77

mr70charger440

68' Charger R/T (restored)
70' Charger (In progress)
68' RoadRunner (Backburner)
68 Coronet 440 (Backburner)
68' Dart (Sold)

68pplcharger

She's alive.... :cheers:
Sounds awesome

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

68pplcharger

cazz

what is the tire and wheel combo you have. You said 17 by 11 they look good  how about the back space???? fronts and rear please....

fy469rtse

:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: great build , this igoing to be one tough car

68pplcharger

Quote from: cazz on August 21, 2013, 04:29:07 PM
what is the tire and wheel combo you have. You said 17 by 11 they look good  how about the back space???? fronts and rear please....

Backspacing won't help for the rear the axle is a custom length. Th front is a 5" and the front fender is flared 3/4".

68pplcharger

68pplcharger

Ride height set... :cheers:

Stevearino

Very nice. Sweet stance. Just right. :coolgleamA:

Baldwinvette77

68pplcharger

thanks guys, I hope to have it painted next year and on the road after 8 years.

tnthull

Any new updates on this build? I'd love to see pics of the rear end setup!

68pplcharger

I wish... Slight set back with the negative temps in Kentucky lately. To expensive to heat the garage and do the final touches on bodywork. This weekend I'll hopefully get the chance to knock some work out. Been busy trying to find a job since they are shutting down the plant. That's got the supercharger on hold.  :flame: I've got the money in the bank to finish the car and can't touch it until I secure a new job. I'm saying my prayers to the Job god that I will find something by the end of April. ( when my contract is done)

I'll post some progress shots soon ...I hope

cudaken

Hum, guessing this is your Charger?  :2thumbs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH3C4WToIko&feature=youtu.be

Sounds great and I bet your Neighbors love you as much as mine love me!  :lol:

Good luck on the job hunt!

Cuda Ken
I am back

68pplcharger

That's me... Thanks It sounds much better now that the motor is tuned and the 3" exhaust are on it.

Thanks hope I'll find something soon and be able to start updating the build again.

68pplcharger

Finally started my new job last week. I can stop sitting on the pile of money in the bank. I've ordered the F1A blower for the car, Gear vendors overdrive unit, 99% of the interior, and got quotes for re-chroming the taillights turn signal housings etc. Now I just need to finish building my Mom and Dads house in the next three weeks and I can start putting the goodies on Dyno tune it and pull it all back apart and finish the Bodywork for paint in the Fall. This will leave the winter for putting the car together for the last time.  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

jfreakofkorn

congrats on the new job  :cheers:

keep US updated  :popcrn:

6spd68

Quote from: 68pplcharger on May 22, 2014, 02:03:18 PM
Finally started my new job last week. I can stop sitting on the pile of money in the bank. I've ordered the F1A blower for the car, Gear vendors overdrive unit, 99% of the interior, and got quotes for re-chroming the taillights turn signal housings etc. Now I just need to finish building my Mom and Dads house in the next three weeks and I can start putting the goodies on Dyno tune it and pull it all back apart and finish the Bodywork for paint in the Fall. This will leave the winter for putting the car together for the last time.  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

That's awesome!  I hope it works out for you sir.  I'm sure everyone else on here shares that sentiment  :2thumbs: .  Make it a BEAST!!!
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

68pplcharger

Thanks guys

Monster in progress... ;D

This weekend is the last weekend working on Mom and Dad's new house... Blower is shipping Monday and the GV overdrive unit is in the garage. Pics will be coming soon... :2thumbs:

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: 68pplcharger on June 06, 2014, 10:53:32 AM
Thanks guys

Monster in progress... ;D

This weekend is the last weekend working on Mom and Dad's new house... Blower is shipping Monday and the GV overdrive unit is in the garage. Pics will be coming soon... :2thumbs:

Dont mind me im just  :drool5: