News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 Charger rebuild

Started by 68pplcharger, March 11, 2010, 09:07:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MxRacer855

fy469rtse

I haven't been on here in a while ,
Just busy with work and re re building my stroker,
I have only seen one charger where the color purple suited , and this is it and what a nice car
Have watched this one from the start , beautiful job on everything  :2thumbs:

68pplcharger

Quote from: fy469rtse on August 20, 2015, 03:40:07 AM
I haven't been on here in a while ,
Just busy with work and re re building my stroker,
I have only seen one charger where the color purple suited , and this is it and what a nice car
Have watched this one from the start , beautiful job on everything  :2thumbs:

Thanks fy469rtse...

Stevearino

I can't say enough about how tastefully this car is being done. So far all of the choices you have made have continued to step  the car up on it's way to completion. By far my favorite color. Spot on body work. Great choice in wheel/tire combo. Glad you are going with a white interior to contrast the plum that is a great offset. Very envious of this car as it sits now and it only looks like it is going to get better. :coolgleamA:

68pplcharger

Thanks Stevarino anytime you want to trade for a day I'm game...  :D

68pplcharger

First interior pic

MxRacer855

68pplcharger

seats are finally coming together

MxRacer855

68pplcharger

Tops of the bucket seats are done... Damn I keep this up this car might be finished soon. I better stop working on it right away...  :icon_smile_big:

68pplcharger

Radio installed, looks original but has 4x45 watts per channel with pre-amp outputs, and aux input. Sounds great and has bluetooth capability so I  have handfree phone use as well. I have a total of 1200 watts of power and it all looks stock.  :coolgleamA:

68pplcharger

Thought i would throw my last pic in for the year. I'm done for now, until close to spring when I get the last wave of money to finish this project. Had the car out for a short drive and freed up the lift to replace the rusted brake lines on my old Tahoe. The lift is the only way to tackle that project.

MxRacer855

That thing looks beautiful!!!   :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:  :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

WHITE AND RED 69

That's a perfect stance right there   :2thumbs:  Looks killer!
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

68pplcharger

Thanks guys... A lot of work in that bad boy. Cant wait to tune it on the Dyno and post some numbers. Hopefully do that in the spring.

68pplcharger

Slow but sure she is getting close to complete. Took her out for a drive Saturday when it was nice and snapped some pics.

303 Mopar

1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

keepat

Lennard

Beautiful, except for the blue hoses hanging underneath. :2thumbs:

68pplcharger

Quote from: Lennard on February 22, 2016, 09:02:53 AM
Beautiful, except for the blue hoses hanging underneath. :2thumbs:

Agreed i'm going to wrap them in black to try and hide them better

fy469rtse

love this car ,
first time I'm going to comment on anything ,
yes the hose's under the rear , you would get away with them if red or black ,
interior , I know its going to be white , but the cage stands out too much in white, I know against the hood lining
maybe black to the portion you see in side window opening ,
but in a gorgeous car , will handle and drive great
geoff

68pplcharger

Quote from: fy469rtse on February 23, 2016, 04:45:55 PM
love this car ,
first time I'm going to comment on anything ,
yes the hose's under the rear , you would get away with them if red or black ,
interior , I know its going to be white , but the cage stands out too much in white, I know against the hood lining
maybe black to the portion you see in side window opening ,
but in a gorgeous car , will handle and drive great
geoff

Thanks for the comments Geoff, believe it or not the main hoop of the cage is hidden from the side view when the rear window is up with the chrome on it. So it won't be as noticeable. The windows will also be tinted which will hide them even more. I do have to put roll cage padding on still, to make it legal on the track, and will have that main hoop portion covered with black padding. It's all part of the plan...  :cheers:

WHITE AND RED 69

Looks killer! Got a mean looking stance sittin there with those wide tires!

I personally dig the white roll cage, blends in with the interior nicely.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

garner7555

I agree, the stance with those wide tires makes it look wicked, which is a good thing!   :yesnod:   I'm about to dig through this thread to see what suspension and wheel/tire setup you used.   looks awesome!   :2thumbs:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

phantom