News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wild rear wing for 3rd gen

Started by NukeEm, March 10, 2010, 03:22:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NukeEm

My son found an old spoiler off of who knows what out of my garage rafters. I said no way, then he set it on there. I kept looking at it and started growing on me, you know, its not really that bad. I still like the go wing look better, but its not all that bad. What do you think? Any clue what it may be off of?

Gary

NukeEm

Couple more pics.  Looks tall but you can see thru the rear view just fine...  kinda heavy frost on everything this morning too

Darkman

Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

chargd72

I own a 3rd gen and currently deciding on a gull wing or custom spoiler myself.  If you'd like my opinion, I's say "get that thing off of there."  But, it's your car and you should build it how you'd like.   :Twocents:

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

Brock Samson

just what's needed for a Pikes' Peak run!  :2thumbs:  what the rest of your build gonna be?.  :popcrn:

NukeEm

3-4 inches wider...and it would cover the trunk lid perfect. It would definately get the ol girl a unique look. I have plenty of time to deside. I just wanted to make sure it did not look awful to everyone else.

Here is another thread on some of my plans...  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,67524.0.html

Pic of part of the "planned" 440 build...

teddy1500

Its off a fox body mustang. Might be aftermarket for a coupe or convertable, possibly a saleen piece.

covet66

I like it- different is good.  a little shaping to the feet and it would sit flush.

ChgrSteve67

Musicman

I think the shape is kinda cool... but it has a thick awkward look about it... you know what I mean?

NukeEm

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on March 10, 2010, 04:38:52 PM
The rock is a nice touch.

LMAO, caught that huh? It was too rear heavy to sit on its own. Or maybe I was trying to get a little more weight over the rears for traction? lol

I think the shape is kinda cool... but it has a thick awkward look about it... you know what I mean?---Ya exactly, definately a different look too.

I like it then again I do not. Mustang wing, huh, thanks for the info.

We will see later if I use it...THANKS for the inputs guys... good and bad,
Gary :cheers:

Darkman

I have seen worse wings on cars! I think it gives it that added length on the back giving a bit more balance (as the front ends are so long). If it was wider, it would look great. It is all about being different.

Besides, if you are planning on shoving that blower under the bonnet, it won't be a "stock" charger anyway. Go for it!
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

RD

not for me, but to each his own.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

JPL

Quote from: RD on March 10, 2010, 06:00:02 PM
not for me, but to each his own.

+1 a little ricey....'lil bit, just my opinion.

mauve66

cut it in half and add some flat aluminum extensions in the middle to get it all the way out to the edge of the trunk lid then re-glass it and it would be great
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

FLG

It looks like its off of a fox body stang.

Honestly i think it should stay on a fox body stang...get a gull wing or go wing for the car  :2thumbs:

TK73

Might be cool!!  A little wider to come closer to the deck lid edge...  does look a little "bloated", thinner and more definition for sure...
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

71383bee

71 - FC7 383 Super Bee

Matthan

Black Charger

I used to have a 2000 Mustang and the stock spoiler on my car was identical to the one pictured above.

mikesbbody

I could probably get use to the look of it the problem is, as Mopar Guy's we generally think of car's should look a certain way when you "go outside the box" then you get people saying IMO it doesn't belong etc (nothing wrong with a opinion) it is your car to do with whatever you like.
I would either cut it down a bit or use a Factory spoiler (or of course not have a spoiler)

BROCK

It has potential.  If you could just whittle it down a bit for a more
refined look like say a Porshe Whaletail - at least in the finished
look of of it...........

Shoot, our 64 Cuda is getting a 78 T/A rear spoiler.  No, it wont
look like a 78 T/A spoiler once done :rotz:

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

NukeEm

Thanks for all the inputs guys. I just wanted to show what a 3rd gen car looked like with a large "whale tail" style wing. I have never seen one on our cars and wondered what everyone else thought about it. When my son carried it out of the garage, I thought "that thing will look absolutely horrible. The more I looked at it, I liked it. I am not sure what I will do be I have always loved the gull wings, especially on a mostly stock looking car. However, if I do what I may do to this car, blower, mini tub, custom leather sport seats from a modern car, etc, it may look pretty good. I liked the one guys answer, it kinda balances the long nose look of the 3rd gens. I also agree it looks too, plastic-y, bulky or puffed up. I am sure I can reshape it somewhat or get something different.

I found another big block 74 locally that might be a better choice for the "pro-street" treatment, so I do not have to damage this rare 3rd gen Ralley sunroof BB 4 speed car. Food for thought.

Thanks again to all for the inputs, good and bad. I will keep everyone posted with pictures and updates as I start doing things. :paintingpink:

Gary

hutch

Quote from: NukeEm on March 10, 2010, 03:49:35 PM
3-4 inches wider...and it would cover the trunk lid perfect. It would definately get the ol girl a unique look. I have plenty of time to deside. I just wanted to make sure it did not look awful to everyone else.

Here is another thread on some of my plans...  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,67524.0.html

Pic of part of the "planned" 440 build...

:o

:cheers:

:notworthy:

ME WANTY NOWY!
In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"