News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Audiophiles: How would speakers sound under headliner?????? >? (At rear).

Started by Charger Aficionado, December 08, 2005, 03:57:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger Aficionado

Well I sorta want to keep the rear window defogger...  I like What Chris did with his awesome car, but I may go all original?  So I got to thinking...  What if I mounted some mid-ranges under the headliner in the rear where it is hollow...  Would they sound really muffled?  Could I compensate them with some nice HIGHS put somewhere???  Is this a stupid idea???  (I come up with those late at night).   :icon_smile_big:

parkerswede

Not a good idea. Cloth in front of speakers needs to be acoustically transparent.

Troy

I don't think it will make much difference. The headliner material is very thin so the only thing it would really affect are the highest highs (which you don't want a lot of in the back any way). From an imaging standpoint you could just stick in a decent mid-range speaker and it shouldn't be affected. Now, if you wanted to hide the speaker behind the seat and fire it through there it would be a bad idea.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.