News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Headrests

Started by twodko, March 01, 2010, 12:15:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twodko

Hey everyone,

My 69 was an early build and as such it didn't come with headrests. Its my understanding that insurance companies etc made it necessary for Dodge et al to offer headrests as an option on late builds. My question is, could you order headrests for early builds as an option? If so, are there obvious hardware mounting indications on the seat frame despite early or late build?
I'll be brinnging all my new upholstery/foam and headrest hardware (thanks BE&A) to the upholsterer this weekend along with some headrests I bought off a parts board so he can fit them before I send them off for resto. Thanks.

Tom

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Ghoste

It was option well prior to the feds making it standard.  For that reason adding them to your existing seats is a pretty straightforward process.

twodko

Thanks Ghoste. I'd hoped it was a problem free upgrade. BE&A sells a great but pricey hardware kit that includes the hard plastic rod guides that are hard to find used. The kit also comes with all the chrome bezel parts which I already have a set of. If anyone needs a complete set of these chrome headrest bezel parts I've got them for the asking.  Cheers

Tom

Troy

I have a 68 with headrests. They were federally mandated in 69 (I think probably January?) so they'd be optional before then. The seat frames are the same and have the mounting points for the headrests.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

twodko

That's what I was hoping, Thanks Troy.

Tom

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Troy on March 01, 2010, 12:36:30 PM
I have a 68 with headrests. They were federally mandated in 69 (I think probably January?) so they'd be optional before then. The seat frames are the same and have the mounting points for the headrests.

Troy

1/1/69 to be exact  ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T