News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone have pics of dark green 68 charger

Started by Ryan, February 24, 2010, 11:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan

Looking for pics of a 68 charger in dark green. I know mopar had a very nice dark metallic green, but I cant remember the exact paint code. Would appreciate some pics if they are out there...... black vinyl top and stripe would be a bonus.   :2thumbs:
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

4forty

BIRD67

I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign. -Number 6, The Prisoner

R.I.P. Matthew Fraser 4/30/10

triple_green

GG1 is the dark olive green almost looks black.

661 is the spring intro dark metallic poly green. I becomes F8 in 69 and on.

Both of these colors look a lot brighter in base coat/clear coat than they did in enamel. My 68 is the 661 paint code.

Mark
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

4forty

WHITE AND RED 69

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Nitrox

I like the rims. Im also beyond bored with seeing Crager's and Magnum 500's on every Charger around.

stripedelete

Ryan

Quote from: 4forty on February 25, 2010, 10:24:56 AM
this

Thank you, that is gorgeous! Trying to figure out what color I want to paint my 68 R/T. Its an original PP1 red / black top stripe car but I'm not sure its what I want. Dark green is growing on me!
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

Brock Samson

How about some more pics?..  :popcrn:

(all the freaking green chargers and we get one pic of a nonstock color,... &%4! *%!*)

THE CHARGER PUNK

Quote from: Nitrox on February 25, 2010, 08:24:39 PM
I like the rims. Im also beyond bored with seeing Crager's and Magnum 500's on every Charger around.

Those are reproduction magnum 500's *cough* ....... :pity:

6bblgt

1968 Dodge paint code G - "racing green metallic"

6bblgt

1968 Dodge paint code G - "racing green metallic" (under bright lights)

6bblgt

1968 Dodge paint code F - "light green metallic"

6bblgt

Plenty of greens to choose from in '68
1968 Dodge paint code 6 - "dark green metallic" (became F8 for 1969)

Brock Samson

Blakcharger440

Quote from: 4forty on February 25, 2010, 02:26:05 PM
Quote from: BIRD67 on February 25, 2010, 11:01:47 AM
It appears to be dark green.
:thumbs:

I't not a factory color, just a dark, deep green

Yes I know it is green.....just didnt know that it was a custom mixed green and not some factory color.  ::)

triple_green

Actually the one above is not the TT1 medium metallic green. IT is the 661 in basecoat/clear....That is my car at the Kent, WA Dodge Charger meet.

3X
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

6bblgt

That's what I had it labeled & when I put the 4 pics together I changed it.  :icon_smile_blackeye:

dodgedarren

Cloudy say shot. I have a question. Did anyone's raditator support come blacked out from the factory with 661 paint??

paironines

darren-- I have an original, but worn 661 code 68 charger and it is blacked out everywhere below the upper radiator support. The whole upper rad support is green.

Vainglory, Esq.

Quote from: Ryan on February 27, 2010, 02:07:09 AM
this

Thank you, that is gorgeous! Trying to figure out what color I want to paint my 68 R/T. Its an original PP1 red / black top stripe car but I'm not sure its what I want. Dark green is growing on me!

Factory PP1 with black trim!?  You hit the originality jackpot and you want to paint it puke green?  What the hell man?

dodgedarren

Quote from: Vainglory, Esq. on October 06, 2011, 01:22:55 PM
Quote from: Ryan on February 27, 2010, 02:07:09 AM
this

Factory PP1 with black trim!?  You hit the originality jackpot and you want to paint it puke green?  What the hell man?

I agree, I'd stick with the build sheet. You dramatically devalue the car if you paint it another color.
If you want a green car I'll trade you.