News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what size tubing is used with XV Motorsports inner fender braces?

Started by matrout76, February 24, 2010, 01:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrout76

I'm just starting the restoration of my 1969 Charger RT to be a driver.  I plan on buying the XV subframe connectors and lower radiator support. 

I'm planning on making the Inner Fender braces similar to the XV kit, i just can see spending $190 for something i can make in a couple hours.  i have a ProTools 105 tube bender and dies for 1, 1.5, and 1.75" tubing.  the flat plates are no problem...make some templates out of cardboard and cut them out with bandsaw.  The tube will just need bent and mitered at some funny angles.

Does anyone know what OD tubing the XV kit uses, and maybe even what the wall thickness is?  I have some 1.75 x 0.134 wall HREW and 1.75 x 0.120 wall DOM on the rack...hopefully its one of those, but i can get any size of chassis tube by the foot.

thanks in advance for any help!  Like many others, i'll document the entire process here!  you can all look forward to many more questions from me...

Matt