News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

choice of sound deadener/heat protection

Started by raw201, February 24, 2010, 12:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raw201

Was wondering what everyones experience/opinion is of dynmat vs. fatmat vs. oem regarding sound deadening and heat protection.   :scratchchin:

I'd like to get the most bang for my buck!  :2thumbs:

WHITE AND RED 69

I used dynamat for my interior with a sheet of dynaliner added to the lower part of the firewall and trans tunnel and I get no heat coming through and I think it works great. The dynaliner was probably not necessary though, it just sounded like a good idea at the time. I have never used fatmat so I dont know which one is better, but the dynamat was easy to install and works great. bought mine from amazon for 120 bucks a box, and it took 2 boxes to do the trunk and the entire floor. 
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

twodko

Personally, I want to hear my 440 and stock exhaust in all its glory. I'm not running headers so my new carpeting and jute backing work well for my car. Good luck and let us know what you go with and maybe progess pix? cheers

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Mfr426

Just put Dymomat in my '69. I spent about $225.00 for the full floor/trans hump and a bit up the firewall. That was the best price I could find (eBay). I got it because my Dynomax mufflers we're beginning to bother me and also for some heat reduction. I drive my car to work once a week in the summer and it was too noisy and hot for my tastes. The stuff was very easy to work with but I have a month or two before I can fire up the car and know how good it works.

Mike R in Reading PA

raw201

Thanks for all the advice! :cheers:

I'm toiling over whether or not to add additional heat/sound deadening or not.  I'm a big fan of loud obnoxious noice but I know some of passengers may not be!  :icon_smile_big:  In addition, I'm changing the car back to its true triple black self so I'm thinking I should add some kind of cooling, just not sure what is the best avenue.

I guess the Dynamat would be cheaper than adding the AC back to the car?

As for progress pics.......will be posting soon!  Stay tuned!  :2thumbs:

FastbackJon

I just drive with my windows down, it is a free solution and takes care of the heat issue (when you're moving) and the noise is no bother.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV