News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

dont look if ya hate big chrome wheels on a charger,

Started by dodgey68, February 22, 2010, 01:22:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dodgey68

this should stir some   people up   :D,  but at least it low (considering the wheel height), straight body , and goes/sounds sweet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0iNPv3-TOE&feature=fvw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGOS6ETYMp8&feature=response_watch
when all you own is a hammer, every job  resembles a nail.

METROID

Hemidog

Actually, I think it looks good! Sweden might not be so bad after all  :D

Ryan

Needs to get rid of the ugly supercharger sticking out the hood (sorry but I hate the way roots blowers look on chargers) and get rid of all the stereo junk in the trunk and it would look pretty good!
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

MoparManJim

Toss the wheels and rims, toss the blower, toss the crap in the trunk out as well and then it might be a decent looking charger then. Now in the 2nd link when the charger pulls away from the building. That shot would have been very nice if that blower wasn't sticking up and the car didn't have on those wagon wheels. 

Belgium R/T -68

Although that I'm Swedish I must say I don't understand how that car could have been elected to "nicest looking car 2009" and won most of everything during last year and propably this year aswell. Don' get me wrong, it's a nice build but the style is something that was popular 20 years
ago. There are many nice Mopars in Sweden restorated to stockspecification which means much moore work, time and money then a quick
showresto. It's sad that those cars don't get appreciated in Sweden.

Just my  :Twocents:

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

elanmars

the wheels wouldn't look bad if they were a little smaller. I don't understand all that junk in the trunk...

wasn't there a red 68 that a guy did from Sweden, posted recently? even though he had super huge wheels too, I liked the look of that one better.

I don't mind big wheels-in fact, I'm going with 17's but 19 and up just seems too much for me...
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

dodgey68

well at least its being enjoyed and not rotting in some yard, regardless off wheels, blower, etc,,,,,
when all you own is a hammer, every job  resembles a nail.

LeadfootBob

The detail work on that thing is amazing (saw it in person at Power big meet last year)... But subtle it is not.
"Gee, I just got a million-dollar advance on my record deal, I've already bought the house/pool/private jet, what should I do with the rest of the money?!"

The one thing that really strikes home, though, is the fact that you still can't ruin the lines of the car even with all that bling strapped to it  :icon_smile_big:
Proud member of the jack stand racing team since 1999.
'70 Charger 500: "Bronson", some kind of hillbilly hot rod in progress.
'89 Chevy Caprice 9C1: "it's got a cop motor..."

Jonas_N

Yeah, the car has gotten alot of attention and if he likes blower and big rims, then its good to go.
And still its fun that swedens best looking car was a 2nd gen Charger.  :2thumbs:

Blakcharger440

I really like it. Just take out the stereo junk in the trunk. It looks good to me.

six-tee-nine

There are two thing discussed here :

Personal taste
How the work was performed

My personal opinion is that you simly can't discuss personal taste. However you CAN discuss the execution of the restoration. Fact is I would never build my car to look like that at all and it is far from being my cup of tea at all, however if you look at the video, then the guys out here that really restore cars themselves know that there went a ton of work into that car and that the quality of the restoration is probably of a high level.
So i think the hands that built this car deserve the correct apreciation.
And fact is also, whatever you do to a 2nd gen, the lines stay as they are ==> awesome  :cheers:
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

stripedelete

Quote from: LeadfootBob on February 22, 2010, 06:33:43 AM

The one thing that really strikes home, though, is the fact that you still can't ruin the lines of the car even with all that bling strapped to it  :icon_smile_big:

:iagree:

Belgium R/T -68

To not be misunderstood: It's a very nice car and propably very much money, time and competence put into it. I just think that promoting
more stockrestorations at shows is positive for the business of reproparts that we all need for our cars and with more parts more cars will
be saved and running on the streets. What would you US guys say if this car was "best of show" at Carlisle?

H**l, I'm not doing a full stockresto myself but I can surely appreciate one when I see it.

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

4forty

suntech

A friend of mine saw this car at Powermeet last summer, and he says the bodywork quality seems to be VERY nice, and detail work was nice.
I do also agree that it would have looked better without the hole in the hood, and 18´s instead of 20 inch rims!! That stereo in the back is imo also over the top!! kinda "pimp my ride" ish with all that stuff in the trunk!
But................it is a nice car!!!
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

68charger383

I liked it.

With everyone building factory stock cars, it's nice to see a nice restomod to mix things up every once in a while.

Here is the car racing a viper. That thing can really growl.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Dsr3hkhZOI&NR=1
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

triple_green

68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

WHITE AND RED 69

I think it looks great.  :2thumbs: I personally dont really like the blower and the rims are maybe an inch or two too big but the car still looks awesome and its nice to see a car this way that is not the same as all the others.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Marck

Like others, I think the rims are a bit too big, and I could do without the blower, but other than that, I think this Charger is spot on..  :2thumbs:

roger440

I think it looks fantastic. Except for the blower id do this, but not to my numbers matching RT/SE. If i had an old 318 beater to start with, then yes, i could do that!!
1969 Dodge Charger RT/SE
1970 Plymouth Roadrunner - SOLD
2017 HSV Maloo
2003 Holden SS Ute
1970 Triumph 2000 Estate, fitted Rover V8
1961 Standard Atlas
1980 Triumph Dolomite Sprint
1974 Triumph Stag
2003 Subaru Forester

motorcitydak

I think that it is a nice car, but I really hate chrome so I wish the wheels were a gunmetal or black version.

The only thing that pisses me off about it is that most likely there is minimal suspension work done to it and for sure no weight loss and the guy calls it a pro touring car.
96 Dakota, custom everything 4x4, 5.7 HEMI
'68 charger project
[OO!!!!!!!!!OO]

Silver R/T

actually looks pretty good. Has that pro touring look to it. Don't really care what's in the trunk though
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

noff57

I like it! Just take the blower off and the speaker setup out and it would be perfect in my option.

HITMAN 149

even as i like the bigger (18') wheels and plan on doing them on my r/t.... those just looked too big, and i fon't like the big blower either... a six pack scope maybe... but other wise it's sweeeet!!!  ok maybe not allll that stereo stuff either!! lol
must be nice to have money!!! lol
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/