News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pertronix PRX 91381A... What the heck???

Started by rp23g7, February 21, 2010, 08:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rp23g7

So i decided to take a break from my strange noise issue,, and change the oil and filter and put on my new Petronix ignition.

Yeah, the noise is still there, cant figure out where it is coming from still.

Nothing odd in the drain pan though.

What the heck is up with this Petronix though???

I replaced everything following the instructions. and started it up, it started fine, but ran like crud.

So i checked the timing, plugged the advance......ummmmm hello where is the mark? It was way advanced all of a sudden. I thought i had put the timing light on No 3 cylinder, checked it twice, No. 1.

So i set it to around 15 btdc, and it ran like crud still, messed around and finally got it to run passably around 0 degrees, so i drove it, pinged all to heck.

I thought i had put it in 180 off, but the little plate can only go in one way. I messed with it for a bit and finally gave up and put the points back in, retimed it and drove it.

TylerCharger69

rp23g7

68 RT

Did you hook one of the wires think it is the red one to a keyed 12 volt source? If you hooked both wires to the coil it will run like that. Could also be the gap between the box and mag ring.

rp23g7

ummmm, can i take the 5th on that??  Thats not what their little diagram showed.  grrrr.