News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone Ever Get a Neg on eBay and it still say you had 100% positive?

Started by Charger Aficionado, December 06, 2005, 11:51:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger Aficionado

Dude, got my FIRST NEG!!!   rrrrr...   This jerk sends me a "perfect condition" wheel cap, that is broken and useless (exactly like the one I already have), then NEGS me when I ask him to refund it.  :flame:   It was in a sealed package, and broken pieces were not in it (so I know he sent it broken).
  Then I neg him but forget to hit the Red one...   rrrrrr...  

Anyway...   It still says I have 100% positive feedback.   Is this a fluke?   Now, I did notice this guy gives ALOT of NEGs...   I wonder if eBay has a thing built-in that protects abuses?   Just look at his last few:
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedbackMemberLeft&memberid=gatorbelts&items=-1&item=-1&de=off

'CUDA360

A buddy of mine got a neg and he complained to E-splay. They checked it out and decided to take it off his record because the guy had many negs himself.

Big Lebowski

"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

71bee

I had it out with a guy named moparLarry. I won a sweet hide-away headlight motor from him and never got it. I e-mailed him numerous times with no response, so I gave him a negative. all of a sudden this guy rips me a new asshole! saying that I was a liar and a con man....long story short....you can pay to have your negs. retracted. that's what we did and I'm still reading 100% positive, even though they never removed our disputes. :shruggy:

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Charger Aficionado

472 R/T SE

Even if the auction deserves a negative, it has to be pretty flagrant for me to negative someone.  Is it really worth it?  I don't think a person should be allowed to leave feedback until he or she has been thru at least 5 auctions or so, I don't know, just a thought?

I left a neutral for a 3 month wait on a piece.  What gets me is people leaving a negative for a less than ten dollar item.

Rocky

If you look at his past responses, they are basically 2 or 3 quotes for the positive, and many negs from buyers.

Jude, I don't buy much from e-gay, buy I'd definitely recommend looking a few pages into the prospective sellers record before placing a bid.

Just one look at the comment on his record raise a high red flag and wave it flagrantly in my book.

Semper Fi,
     Rocky

69_500

I don't think I've ever left a negative feedback on ebay. Then again I don't buy too much on there. But yeah if it was a little item say $10-15 even if the jipped me I don't know if I'd leave a negative. I'd just steer clear of them in the future.

Just 6T9 CHGR

What I'd like to know is how he got all his past feedbacks to say the same thing....?????

"Excellent..what can I say. Lets all thank a great ebayer. A+++++"

WTF???
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Troy

On this feedback thing... why do sellers wait until I (as the buyer) leave feedback before giving me any? I buy something and pay immediately so at that point the feedback should be left. If they mess it all up by shipping junk or taking 6 months to do so then I should still feel like I can say whatever I want without them extorting positive feedback by threatening me with a negative. If I give a negative they can always dispute it or respond but it will still show that I did my part and got a positive. I know about patting each other on the back and all but sorry, I don't play those games where I make someone look better just to protect myself. Rant off.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Old Moparz

I see a lot less credibility in the whole feedback system since only a couple of years ago. Private feedbacks, disappearing negative feedbacks, & feedback extortion are more common. The one seller that comes to mind with disappearing negative feedback, is the fiberglass part supplier/manufacturer in Canada. (Showcars?) A few years ago he had a horrible rating of about 75% to 80% with several hundred sales made & many negatives about slow or no shipments & crappy products. A year ago I saw he only has single digit negatives. How do you do that? Change your account & start over?

I think the best thing to do is just make sure all the seller's feedback is for selling if you are the buyer. Read it, & only use it as one of many ways to judge their credibility. Ask questions, look over the photos good, get more photos, & if they don't answer you at all, or they answer you in a way that is vague, forget about the item & keep looking. I haven't had any major problems yet, & the few I did have, like slowness or damage, were minor & actually resolved by the seller. I haven't left a negative feedback yet in the several years I've been on ebay, & the 2 or 3 times I was unhappy about a part of the transaction, I just didn't leave any feedback.

Troy, I agree. The seller should leave a feedback immediately after getting paid, but with all the retaliation going on, I guess that's their reasoning.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Big Lebowski

Some do, I've had + feedbacks left for me right after i've paid, and days before I recieved the item.

BTW, No thread hijack intended here but...Anyone ever get out-bidded on an e-bay Dodge Charger item so you check the other guys items to see what they've bought on e-bay?  Anyway here goes...I'm thinking, who's this guy, what else is he buying on e-bay...Ok, his items were mainly nude male art drawings and WWll German uniforms, ok. So we must accept the fact that gay nazis drive Chargers too. :D  Not that that's wrong of course.
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

BigBlockSam

i got over 600 positives on ebay and for a lousy $10 set of darts i sold some newbe ebayer gave me a neg. he should have emailed me and i would have refunded his money. communication is the key to a successful ebay deal
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Troy on December 07, 2005, 04:55:41 PM
On this feedback thing... why do sellers wait until I (as the buyer) leave feedback before giving me any? I buy something and pay immediately so at that point the feedback should be left. If they mess it all up by shipping junk or taking 6 months to do so then I should still feel like I can say whatever I want without them extorting positive feedback by threatening me with a negative. If I give a negative they can always dispute it or respond but it will still show that I did my part and got a positive. I know about patting each other on the back and all but sorry, I don't play those games where I make someone look better just to protect myself. Rant off.

Troy

:iagree: 100%  I do the same.  Fast payment = instant positive feedback from me.  BEFORE I ship the part out.

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

dkn1997

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on December 07, 2005, 07:44:46 PM

Troy

:iagree: 100%  I do the same.  Fast payment = instant positive feedback from me.  BEFORE I ship the part out.

Hell yes.  I always pay within 30 seconds of winning anything (if they have paypal) seems like i never get any feed back until I leave some. 
I suppose sellers withhold feedback due to people like this gator TURD that charger aficianado is dealing with.
RECHRGED

ramit

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on December 07, 2005, 04:08:49 PM
What I'd like to know is how he got all his past feedbacks to say the same thing....?????

"Excellent..what can I say. Lets all thank a great ebayer. A+++++"

WTF???

That is the feedback he has left for others.

GTX

A negative is inevitible. I've got over 600 total and all positive so far but it'll happen, it's just statistics and the nature of Ebay -especially nowdays.

I've left only one negative ever and I've dealt with some real jerks. This guy sold me an electronic part that when I used it shorted out the rest of my stuff and cost me $$$ above replacing his piece of junk. Yes, I knew exactly what I was doing but his part was bad and it turned out that he sold several like that.
I contacted him and asked for a refund, I didn't ask for anything for my blown up equipment knowing it would never happen. He ignored me so after a while I went to Paypal and they did their dispute thing and he never even responded.
Mine was only one of about five he got that month although he had pretty good feedback before then. I think he knew the stuff was bad and took a chance selling it off.

In the end I got my money back from Paypal and I left him a neggie  for A: selling junk B:refusing to reply to my requests and C: for blowing up my equipment.

'CUDA360

Quote from: dkn1997 on December 07, 2005, 07:57:30 PM

Troy

:iagree: 100%   I do the same.   Fast payment = instant positive feedback from me.   BEFORE I ship the part out.

Hell yes.   I always pay within 30 seconds of winning anything (if they have paypal) seems like i never get any feed back until I leave some.  
I suppose sellers withhold feedback due to people like this gator TURD that charger aficianado is dealing with.

I can't agree..
I am trying to make money for my hobby and my family and I usedto leave feedback right away but then I ran into this SOB back east. Long story short, he was dead wrong about the part that he bought but sent me threat after threat about how I manipulated the photos and modified the part...
I can't give away nice feedback anymore, it has to be earned. I don't leave negs but I'm not impressed by "good communication" anymore. The same guys that chat it up with me are the same ones I have problems with later. I am not trying to make friends on E-bay, I am trying to make money. Paypal is a RIPOFF anyway and I have no problem waiting a week or two for a money order...
sorry

BigBlockSam

i don't care how fast you pay me, I'm not giving you pos feedback to you give me positive. you give somebody a refund in good faith and they'll still leave you negative. i go out of my way to be honest but there are some people out there that will never be happy. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

GTX

As a buyer I always give feedback immediately upon reciept of good merch.
As a seller I wait until I get feedback and it has nothing at all to do with a threat. It only has to do with the fact that for years I gave immediate feedback and got it in return. The trend nowdays is for people to not bother leaving feedback and I'll be damned if I'm going to take the time to do it when 50% of the time I get nothing back.

'CUDA360

Quote from: GTX on December 07, 2005, 11:07:37 PM
As a buyer I always give feedback immediately upon reciept of good merch.
As a seller I wait until I get feedback and it has nothing at all to do with a threat. It only has to do with the fact that for years I gave immediate feedback and got it in return. The trend nowdays is for people to not bother leaving feedback and I'll be damned if I'm going to take the time to do it when 50% of the time I get nothing back.

:yesnod:
I do find that since I changed to waiting for some I get more feedback too.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

8WHEELER

When I sell, I leave feedback first about 50% of the time depending on the situation.
NO I DON'T SELL ON EBAY FOR A LIVING
When I buy I leave +feedback about 90% of the time, there are sellers and situations
that I don't want to leave neutral or worse so I just don't leave any. I have left neg
feedback 2x in 6yrs but it really did not matter, I never got the product and they were
gone off ebay in a month anyway.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Troy

Quote from: 360cuda on December 07, 2005, 10:30:08 PM
Quote from: dkn1997 on December 07, 2005, 07:57:30 PM

Troy

Hell yes.  I always pay within 30 seconds of winning anything (if they have paypal) seems like i never get any feed back until I leave some. 

I can't agree..
I am trying to make money for my hobby and my family and I usedto leave feedback right away but then I ran into this SOB back east. Long story short, he was dead wrong about the part that he bought but sent me threat after threat about how I manipulated the photos and modified the part...
I can't give away nice feedback anymore, it has to be earned. I don't leave negs but I'm not impressed by "good communication" anymore. The same guys that chat it up with me are the same ones I have problems with later. I am not trying to make friends on E-bay, I am trying to make money. Paypal is a RIPOFF anyway and I have no problem waiting a week or two for a money order...
sorry
What more do I have to "earn" after paying for an item? I bought it, you ship it. My part ends first so why should I wait for feedback? Of course I don't nitpick every little thing either - especially not if it was described properly. This is one reason I don't buy on eBay unless it's necessary (that and all the sellers who will rip people off and not worry about their feedback). Yes, Paypal is a ripoff but if I need something fast it works better than waiting on a money order to make the trip. I won't take Paypal as a payment any more unless I know the person. If it's just something I want but don't need right away I'm much happier sending a money order.

Quote from: BigBlockSam on December 07, 2005, 10:52:21 PM
i don't care how fast you pay me, I'm not giving you pos feedback to you give me positive. you give somebody a refund in good faith and they'll still leave you negative. i go out of my way to be honest but there are some people out there that will never be happy. Rene
This is probably why people stopped leaving it. It's true that some people are never happy but that's part of business. The buyer shouldn't have to leave feedback until the transaction is over and they are satisfied. There are ways to dispute feedback so what's the point in holding out? To keep that 100% even though you just sold a part to a moron?

I personally worry when someone has 100% positive and they sell a LOT. It's against the law of averages and it definitely looks like they are manipulating the system (and some are). That's what I meant by patting each other on the back: "I'll leave you positive if you leave me positive" or "I'll slam you in return if you leave me negative". No one is perfect so why pretend? In theory the system should work but too many people play with the numbers because they know people don't actually read the feedback - only the big number at the top. For the record, I know good sellers and people who are less than honest so I've heard a lot of stories. One thing about NOT leaving feedback (especially negative to avoid getting a negative yourself) is that the next person who has to deal with the idiot gets suckered. A smart crook will make it so they never get feedback (even if it means a lower score) so they can keep getting away with it. Just my opinion of course and I'm not attacking everyone who sells on eBay. I guess I'll know better what to do when I start selling off all my stuff here soon.

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.