News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

73 Charger 400cui Spark plugs

Started by Als73charger, February 15, 2010, 11:53:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Als73charger

Wow, what a pain in the butt! .  Just got my car home today and have started pulling the plugs on the drivers side :brickwall: What is the secret to doing this without losing all the meat off your knuckles? Any special tools I need to know about? or do I have to take the exhaust manifold off? Al

RD

nope.. your inner fender wells have access holes in them to change the plugs by way of inside your fenders... may want to try that.  some cases.. its easier to jack the car up and get to them from below.  with headers its a lot easier (relatively speaking).
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Chryco Psycho

flex head ratchet & a 1" extension often helps

FLG

Jack the car up and go from the bottom...can get em done in 20 min...there's a lot more room than you think when you do it from under. I've done it from the top as well and its a bit of a pain.

Als73charger

Awesome! Thank you everyone, I appreciate the advice!  Al