News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Get ready, Chevy Volt due this November. Update!!!

Started by 1969chargerrtse, February 15, 2010, 06:55:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeavyFuel

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on September 30, 2012, 03:03:52 PM
"GM says that the Volt has helped the company, even if it never makes a dime. The car has pulled in customers from rival brands, and helped Chevy wrestle at least part of the environmental halo from Toyota's Prius, executives say. It also will help GM meet tough government fuel economy standards.

GM's Cain says the company wants all cars and trucks to be profitable, but some take longer than others.

"Its prime purpose was to introduce a new generation of technology," says Lutz, the former vice chairman. "And at the same time ... demonstrate to the world that GM is way more technologically capable than the people give it credit for."

Yeah, it's helped the company.  Here's why:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/patrickmichaels/2012/09/19/notwithstanding-gms-protests-no-one-wants-the-chevy-volt/

Damn, dudes...this thread is getting way too much attention.  It's a frickin' Volt.

RTSE...I think you are officially a GM man now...   :rotz:  Just sayin'.

JB400

Finally,  Thank you Thank you   Thank you!!!!!  Someone that agrees with me.  It's a damn Volt.  It ain't worth it.  I still don't know why I wasted so much time on this government crap.  The only Volt pics I want to see are the crusher ones.

I only did it for the post count and the fun of debate. :2thumbs:

1969chargerrtse

It has nothing to do with being a GM man or the gov. Its a American made car getting close to 100 mpg. I woukd think those of you getting about 8 MPG would welcome the car?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

JB400

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on October 03, 2012, 01:05:25 PM
It has nothing to do with being a GM man or the gov. Its a American made car getting close to 100 mpg. I woukd think those of you getting about 8 MPG would welcome the car?
We discussed this already,  this is more of a government car than anything else.  Yes, it's great that we built a hybrid.  But it's a scapegoat.  And after November, we'll definitely see this car go downhill.  The technology will go on in other cars, but the batteries that keep the Volt going is getting weaker and weaker.

No Energizer bunny for this car.

Tilar

Quote from: HeavyFuel on October 03, 2012, 12:49:07 PM

Yeah, it's helped the company.  Here's why:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/patrickmichaels/2012/09/19/notwithstanding-gms-protests-no-one-wants-the-chevy-volt/

Just alittle snip from that article...

QuoteDon't forget that the Department of Defense has committed to buying 1,500 of these wallet-hogs. These aren't combat vehicles and will no doubt largely wind up in some Colonel's driveway.

Which means in 5 to 8 years you can pick one (or 1000) of these jewels up off GSA for $3500 each... or less. I'm betting less.

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Mytur Binsdirti

"Here's the sorry bottom line.  Volt sales to individuals are really running around 10,000 per year.  Given a smaller number of leases and fleet sales last year, this is pretty much what GM should have gotten if there weren't supply problems in the first half of 2011.

The fact is that no one wants this car and the government is goosing sales by giving them away as short-term leases and purchasing them for officers to tool around in.  Meanwhile, the dealers make a killing—largely on the taxpayer's dime."

Ghoste

If I were worried about the mileage my Charger is getting why in the Hell would I bother logging into a Charger forum??  My old car is about fun per dollar and so far I am getting an incredible return on my money.  I don't even have to drive it to enjoy it more than a Volt I can go out to the garage and just look at it and find some satisfaction there that I doubt many Volt owners can say.

JB400

Quote from: Ghoste on October 03, 2012, 04:24:38 PM
If I were worried about the mileage my Charger is getting why in the Hell would I bother logging into a Charger forum??  My old car is about fun per dollar and so far I am getting an incredible return on my money.  I don't even have to drive it to enjoy it more than a Volt I can go out to the garage and just look at it and find some satisfaction there that I doubt many Volt owners can say.
I agree with you 110%.  Who'd go out and buy one for fun anyway?  Oh wait, question answered.  rtse?

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on October 03, 2012, 04:48:52 PM
I agree with you 110%.  Who'd go out and buy one for fun anyway?  Oh wait, question answered.  rtse?
As always I disagree with all your points, and I've been correct from day one.  It's here, you said it couldn't happen.  New owners are growing and growing, you said it wouldn't sell? And you can complain and blame the government all you want.  It was designed and on the board long before this government had any idea it was a thought.. Sales are growing, AND I LOVE IT!!!!
Great job America.  :patriot:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

HeavyFuel

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on October 03, 2012, 06:32:15 PM
If I were worried about the mileage my Charger is getting why in the Hell would I bother logging into a Charger forum??  My old car is about fun per dollar and so far I am getting an incredible return on my money.  I don't even have to drive it to enjoy it more than a Volt I can go out to the garage and just look at it and find some satisfaction there that I doubt many Volt owners can say.
I agree with you 110%.  Who'd go out and buy one for fun anyway?  Oh wait, question answered.  rtse?
As always I disagree with all your points, and I've been correct from day one.  It's here, you said it couldn't happen.  New owners are growing and growing, you said it wouldn't sell? And you can complain and blame the government all you want.  It was designed and on the board long before this government had any idea it was a thought.. Sales are growing, AND I LOVE IT!!!!
Great job America.  :patriot:

Yeah...Okay.  

Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.  

Go back a couple years and your posts were all about how frickin' great it was to own a Charger , just to OWN A CHARGER.  Now look at your avitar, and you're braggin' up a Volt.  Shouldn't you be on a GM forum somewhere?  No disrespect....just sayin'.

Indygenerallee

Volt = Gov. failed attempt at selling cars!!! (Oh shit I forgot they fail at EVERYTHING!!!!!!)
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Fred

Quote from: HeavyFuel on October 03, 2012, 10:17:49 PM
If I were worried about the mileage my Charger is getting why in the Hell would I bother logging into a Charger forum??  My old car is about fun per dollar and so far I am getting an incredible return on my money.  I don't even have to drive it to enjoy it more than a Volt I can go out to the garage and just look at it and find some satisfaction there that I doubt many Volt owners can say.
I agree with you 110%.  Who'd go out and buy one for fun anyway?  Oh wait, question answered.  rtse?
As always I disagree with all your points, and I've been correct from day one.  It's here, you said it couldn't happen.  New owners are growing and growing, you said it wouldn't sell? And you can complain and blame the government all you want.  It was designed and on the board long before this government had any idea it was a thought.. Sales are growing, AND I LOVE IT!!!!

Yeah...Okay.  

Go back a couple years and your posts were all about how frickin' great it was to own a Charger , just to OWN A CHARGER.  Now look at your avitar, and you're braggin' up a Volt.  Shouldn't you be on a GM forum somewhere?  No disrespect....just sayin'.

I'm sorry rtse but I've got to agree with HeavyFuel here. He makes good sense. just sayin'.  :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Fred

And if my car only gets 5 miles to the gallon, I'd still love it to pieces. And if in the end all I can do is look at it..............so be it. As you say Ghoste, that's enjoyment enough.  :2thumbs:

I'm going to drive it until I run out of money.  :yesnod:   :drive: :drive:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

JB400

Quote from: HeavyFuel on October 03, 2012, 10:17:49 PM

Yeah...Okay.  

Stick around buddy. :2thumbs:  I know what your doing.  Your all in favor of supporting and protecting America the beautiful.  Nothing wrong with that at all. :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: in my book.  The technology in this car might be the answer, but not the car. Having a government buying into a company and forcing the production of it ahead of its time, and then using your money to intice you to buy it, does not sit well in this country.  It's activities like this that caused a tea party in Boston, war with Britian, and war with itself.  We have no representation on what goes on in Government Motors except with our pocketbooks.  People here are doing what we've always done,  rebelling.  Might be why I have some pinup girl that is appropriately called "lil Rebel" that's going on my car. :drool5: :2thumbs:

1969chargerrtse

Wow well.said.  All the silly comments about the love for my past Charger and thinking a electric car generator backed up is a cool idea have no connection to each other.  What you said really is most peoples point.  For some reason I dont see it the same way?  I still focus on when gas was 5.00 a gallon and tbe Volt idea was created to find a better way to more mpg.
Thats the way i view it.  When I first posted it here, 99% of the comments were it wouldn't and couldn't happen.  Some comments as stupid as the power grid can't handle it.  Or what will they do with the batteries?  All that was thought out before the first piece of drawing paper was pulled.  Give me a break.   It is a great idea, and on the roads giving people 100 mpg.  Awesome!
Oh, and made in America.

:patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

TheGhost

It's one thing to love America, it's quite another to stubbornly endorse a vehicle that is clearly a failure. :Twocents:
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

HeavyFuel

:lol:

http://money.cnn.com/2012/06/06/autos/volt_california_sales/index.htm?iid=EL

In a nutshell, a very large percentage of Volt sales are in California, when compared to the rest of the US.  That is mainly due to the HOV lane access, which saves the drivers time.

I'd bet that those drivers would buy almost anything but a Volt if it qualified for the HOV lane.

Poor products proped up by government subsidies.

A Volt lists at $40 K and a Prius lists at $30 K.  The Prius was kicking the Volts ass in sales.  Uncle Sugar  :patriot: had to do something.   :smilielol:

ACUDANUT

The Hov lane in Cali, is for mutiple passengers (2 or more). This has nothing to do with a Volt itself.

1969chargerrtse

Just more fools that have no idea what their talking about.     

mauve66

cali is re-structuring the hov lanes laws to allow for volts and prius and leaf due to there"green" impact, cali doesn't care if you have 1 or 20 people in the car if its a "green" car
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on October 04, 2012, 07:10:49 PM

The good news is the Volt is the only car you don't need to remember to plug in.  The generator will start up and away you go.  :2thumbs:

HeavyFuel

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on October 04, 2012, 02:36:06 PM
Just more fools that have no idea what their talking about.    

:lol:

ACUDANUT........are you going to let RTSE insult you like that?

Here is some info from the nice folks at the California DOT that can get both you guys up to speed:

http://arbis.arb.ca.gov/msprog/carpool/carpool.htm

:cheers:

Tilar

They have to be able to do something with the volt. 70% of gm's cars are built in China, which leaves the few factories left that obama didn't close at least something to do here. They still have a lot of bailout money they can spend.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

1969chargerrtse

Can't wait until the Obama/Chevy connection dies. By the look of the first debate, it may be soon.   :icon_smile_big: