News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Get ready, Chevy Volt due this November. Update!!!

Started by 1969chargerrtse, February 15, 2010, 06:55:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mauve66

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on September 29, 2012, 09:09:15 AM
Not bad for a flop.
From The Christian science monitor.

" Chevy Volt outsells half of all US cars.
Chevy Volt sales figures this year are higher than roughly half of the 260 or so car models sold in the US."

looking for the article, can't find it in a search of the site, do you know what day the article was??  thanks
never mind i found it, thanks
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Troy

Not bad for a flop.

Chevy Volt sales figures this year are higher than roughly half of the 260 or so car models sold in the US."

I bet if you look at that list you'll see a whole lot of exotics with very limited production. The top 10% on that list probably make up over 90% of total sales as well.

For example: the Ford F150 is the top selling vehicle in the US with about 58,000 per month and over 400,000 through August this year. Camry is the top selling car with ~37,000 per month and 280,000+ so far this year. Sandwiched in between is the Silverado at 38,000/262,000. So, the top 3 make up almost 10% of the total vehicle sales. At the other end, Ferrari (the entire company) sold 160 cars in August and 1,230 for the year while Maserati sold 219/1,715. Both were up nearly 14% over last year. Others of note (entire company sales):
Saab - 0/430
Maybach - 5/43
Rolls Royce - 23/202
Lamborghini - 36/337
Bentley - 156/1405
Smart - 753/6,281
Jaguar - 1,029/8,546

If the US government would subsidize Porsche, Jaguar, Lamborghini and Ferrari by $49k per car I bet sales would jump too. :D

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

mauve66

ok, here is the link

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2012/09/august-2012-ytd-all-vehicle-rankings.html

when i read this i s a couple of things but MAYBE i'm a bit jaded, but this is what happens when people push their own green aganda

they pick a month when the 10K discount makes sales jump 326%
the ranking is only for the month of aug, if you write down all the ytd numbers it falls REALLY far down the list
look at some of those cars listed, they are WAY more than the MSRP of 39,999, real world price of 45K+
if your gonna compare sales figures the price/catergory of the car should compare also
corvettes, vipers, GTR's, 100K mercs, etc don't even belong in the same list
that would be like me saying the V6 charger beat 25% of all the cars for sale in a given year, do you really think a 4 cly aveo or a 10K lb excursion qualifies as competition??
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

mauve66

damn troy, your fast, beat me to it, ps did you get my reply to your message??  thanks
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

Ghoste

Not to mention that August is one of the slowest months for carmakers in general as most people are waiting for the new model to come out.  And lets face it, even without the incentives I don't think Volts are being sold by appearance.  (did they even do a facelift?)

JB400

They haven't been out long enough to deserve a facelift.  I'll be surprised if they make it that long.

NHCharger

Not bad for a flop.

I just figured it out. You must be the public relations director for GM. Why else would you (or anyone in their right mind) continue to push this government sponsored, GM car on a site dedicated to old Chrysler vehicles.
You might want to review some of the cars that your beloved Volt beat. For instance the Honda Element, which they stopped making in 2011. Also the availability and production numbers on many of the cars on the bottom half of that list pale in comparison to the number of Volts that sit for months on the dealership lots.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Ghoste

Also interesting to note that the Christian Science Monitor has suddenly become the sole recorder of new car sales.  Its not like they have an agenda to push or anything so they decided to "accurately" report something outside of their regular editorial content.

Tilar

Quote from: Dino on September 27, 2012, 12:34:33 PM

LOL, sorry for insulting your thread Rob, nothing personal, it's just not going anywhere.

Quote from: Ghoste on September 27, 2012, 12:36:46 PM
It hasn't for a very long time. :lol:

(sorry)

Everybody knew that battery would go dead fast.

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

1969chargerrtse

"GM says that the Volt has helped the company, even if it never makes a dime. The car has pulled in customers from rival brands, and helped Chevy wrestle at least part of the environmental halo from Toyota's Prius, executives say. It also will help GM meet tough government fuel economy standards.

GM's Cain says the company wants all cars and trucks to be profitable, but some take longer than others.

"Its prime purpose was to introduce a new generation of technology," says Lutz, the former vice chairman. "And at the same time ... demonstrate to the world that GM is way more technologically capable than the people give it credit for."

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Ghoste

In other words, even General Motors knows the car is a loser but they are trying their best to put a positive spin on it.

JB400

I'll give them credit.  They're trying to cover their butts somehow.  Just wait and see what happens when the gov. is forced to sell their interests in GM.

Tilar

Yep, Soon as a real president gets in and pulls the plug on the subsidies, The volts will drop to zero.
Dave  

JB400

Quote from: Tilar on October 01, 2012, 06:56:21 PM
Yep, Soon as a real president gets in and pulls the plug on the subsidies, The volts will drop to zero.
Talking about our American celebrity,  I'm surprised to hear that he hasn't been praising the Volt lately.  I wonder if it will come up in the debates?  Is there any commercials in the battle ground states that focus on his so called success with the volt?

TheGhost

So, never?  Since we aren't likely to ever get a real president.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

JB400

Quote from: TheGhost on October 02, 2012, 06:46:20 AM

George W was the last one.  I got my fingers and toes crossed on this coming election.  Bye Bye Volt.

1969chargerrtse

Great news for all you Chevy Volt lovers. Sales for September 2012 were just a bit above the August high numbers.

" 2012 Chevrolet Volt Chevrolet Volt: GM surprised the market in September by slightly besting August's all time record (2,831).  In September GM sold 2,851 plug-ins thanks in part to very strong sales in the first half of the month. "

I talked to a Volt owner today at my kids school. He loved the car and said his ride to work and back is all electric.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

JB400

I don't think there is more than one Volt lover here.  And he don't even own one.  Peace out dude

Tilar

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on October 02, 2012, 12:07:43 AM
Talking about our American celebrity,  I'm surprised to hear that he hasn't been praising the Volt lately.  I wonder if it will come up in the debates?  Is there any commercials in the battle ground states that focus on his so called success with the volt?

No commercials that I've seen.

Oh I wouldn't be so sure of that. I predict Onumbnuts goes down faster than a drunk prom date.  :smilielol:
Dave  

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on October 02, 2012, 01:42:06 PM
I don't think there is more than one Volt lover here.  And he don't even own one.  Peace out dude
:scope: Are you sure?  I think we have some closet Volt lovers hiding.  :yesnod:

JB400

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on October 02, 2012, 04:43:45 PM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on October 02, 2012, 01:42:06 PM
I don't think there is more than one Volt lover here.  And he don't even own one.  Peace out dude
:scope: Are you sure?  I think we have some closet Volt lovers hiding.  :yesnod:
If that's the case, they can stay in the closet with all the junk we get as presents that we never use.

Ghoste

And for the record, the awesome, mindblowing over the top sales success of September had absolutely nothing whatsoever with the huge discounts offered.

TheGhost

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on October 02, 2012, 01:21:42 PM

George W was the last one.  I got my fingers and toes crossed on this coming election.  Bye Bye Volt.

Last real president was FDR, or maybe Eisenhower.  Haven't had a worthy leader in my memory.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Tilar

Dave  

1969chargerrtse

Already improvements are on the way.

" The new EPA sticker for the 2013 Chevrolet Volt has been released, and with it comes a fresh set of numbers. The highlights are an improved all-electric range and miles per gallon equivalent (MPGe) rating: 38 miles and 98 MPGe – that's three miles of additional electric range and five more MPGe than last year. GM said in a statement today that "minor changes to the material composition of the battery cell chemistry" and a boost in overall battery capacity from 16 kWh to 16.5 are responsible for the increase. Allowing the car to use more of that capacity – 10.8 kWh now, up from 10.3 before – also helps. Unsurprisingly, the bigger battery also gives the Volt a slightly longer recharge time.