News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

six pack surging back and forth at freeway speeds?

Started by 70charginglizard, February 13, 2010, 03:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mauve66

if you can "feel" the outer carbs come in then they are coming in too late, the transition should be seamless

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

maxwellwedge

Quote from: jerry on February 14, 2010, 04:49:37 PM
they make different springs for secondaries.i run what my car came with from factory. around 65 mph running a 4:10 rear i notice the six bbl starting to kick in.change your springs. this has nothing to do with fuel line size.

I have a few six-pack 4.10 cars - 4-Speed and Auto. If your end carbs are starting to come in at 65 MPH your springs are way lighter than the stockers....or you are really running 4.88's   ;D

Sublime/Sixpack

1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

jerry

70charginglizard

Quote from: firefighter3931 on February 14, 2010, 05:15:03 AM
Quote from: oldschool on February 13, 2010, 11:34:05 PM
sounds like a vaccum advance problem to me.try unhooking the vaccum advance hose and plugging it. then go out and drive it and see if it still does it. thats why i dont run a vaccum advance on any of my cars.

:iagree: Disconnect it and go for a spin to see what happens.  ;)

If the brake booster has a vacuum leak that can also be an issue as well.  :Twocents:

Ron

I think that was may have been it Ron. I pulled the vacuum line like you said and ran it down to snohomish for a spin today and with the vac advanced unplugged it seemed to eleviate the surging. and when I plugged it back in and ran it home I started noticing it again.

Wonder why it didn't do it before the six pack conversion? It's the same distributed.  :shruggy:
70charginglizard