News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chrysler offers a peek into future...Glimpses of Charger seen

Started by 1971SE440, February 12, 2010, 03:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1971SE440

Chrysler's Gilles gave the Chicago Auto Show a glimpse of the next Dodge Charger. Its sleek looks recalled the 1999 Charger concept. The all-new Charger will go on sale late this year.

Brock Samson

1969chargerrtse

Once again a boring grille. Amazing that the grille was a focal point for the early Chargers and the newer ones are just boring grille ugly.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

ionracer24

can you say......... corvette rip-off??? jeeze thats even uglier than the one they have out now :smilielol: i hope they're kidding
Real race cars have three pedals......

Spike

Seriously, are you kidding?!
You guys need to get out from under the rock, that picture is of the 1999 Charger concept car.

Tilar

That front end looks like a mid 90's Camaro.

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

ionracer24

well whatever they do i hope its as good as the challenger, they hit the nail on the head with that car at least, although its waaaaaay overpriced
Real race cars have three pedals......

resq302

Quote from: Spike on February 12, 2010, 03:43:06 PM
Seriously, are you kidding?!
You guys need to get out from under the rock, that picture is of the 1999 Charger concept car.

Spike,

I thought the same thing!
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

TheGhost

It's the hideous pile of crap that is the 99 concept.  Completely unworthy of the Charger name.  I'm glad it was never made, as it dishonors old "real" Chargers everywhere.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

chargerjy9

that photo IS the 99 concept car, I know, I worked there, for the life of me I don't know why Ralph released that photo, all it will do is confuse the issue and get this forum started again over something that isn't. also FWIW, when we did the 99 concept car, I thought then that the front end was weak, like a Camaro or a 5th gen Charger
1973 Dodge Charger SE 400 4 bbl,727, survivor
1977 AMC Pacer original
2011 Dodge charger R/T Max

Brock Samson

I can't tell who's kidding around or not any more,...  :eek2:

bull

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on February 12, 2010, 03:29:45 PM
Once again a boring grille. Amazing that the grille was a focal point for the early Chargers and the newer ones are just boring grille ugly.

Still, I'd take boring over ugly.

bakerhillpins

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

1carcrazyguy

Avenger front end.......Stealth roof..... :shruggy: and rear 1/4 looks something like a 71 curve with a 68-70 quarter blend on the back quarter :shruggy:

Ghoste

Isn't the 99 concept the one that started as a two door and then Bob Lutz insisted it be redone as a four door?  The same Bob Lutz who dismissed drag racers as insignificant greaseballs, the same Bob Lutz who sold Chrysler out to Daimler, the same Bob Lutz who then went to work his magic on GM?  Or do I have the wrong guy?

bull

Quote from: TheGhost on February 12, 2010, 07:41:55 PM
It's the hideous pile of crap that is the 99 concept.  Completely unworthy of the Charger name.  I'm glad it was never made, as it dishonors old "real" Chargers everywhere.

This comment means nothing coming from a new "Charger" apologist. :nana:

RD

It's the hideous pile of crap that is the 99 concept.  Completely unworthy of the Charger name.  I'm glad it was never made, as it dishonors old "real" Chargers everywhere.

OH shush it!  you were like a 7th grader when the concept came out.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Brock Samson

TheGhost

Quote from: bull on February 12, 2010, 10:35:20 PM

This comment means nothing coming from a new "Charger" apologist. :nana:

Apologist?  I'm apologizing for nothing.

And just because I was young, means I can't have an opinion?
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

bull

elanmars

the whole argument about these new 4 door monstrosities with the charger name slapped on "running circles" around our REAL Chargers means nothing to me. I wouldn't care if my '69 had a slant six.

I'd still be driving a 1969 Charger and not some POS with nothing more than a badge name.

Cordoba Chargers + 80s Chargers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 4 door turd Chargers. Yeah I'm mature!!  :icon_smile_big:
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

G-man

:lol: at all of your replies.

nice photo bull  :smilielol:

I used to like the challenger until they made a modern replica. Now its lost all meaning to it. At least with the chargers, there not replicated... so they still mean something.  :Twocents:

chargerjy9

Isn't the 99 concept the one that started as a two door and then Bob Lutz insisted it be redone as a four door?  The same Bob Lutz who dismissed drag racers as insignificant greaseballs, the same Bob Lutz who sold Chrysler out to Daimler, the same Bob Lutz who then went to work his magic on GM?  Or do I have the wrong guy?

AMEN that's the guy
1973 Dodge Charger SE 400 4 bbl,727, survivor
1977 AMC Pacer original
2011 Dodge charger R/T Max

Hemidoug

Quote from: elanmars on February 13, 2010, 02:16:13 AM
the whole argument about these new 4 door monstrosities with the charger name slapped on "running circles" around our REAL Chargers means nothing to me. I wouldn't care if my '69 had a slant six.

I'd still be driving a 1969 Charger and not some POS with nothing more than a badge name.

Cordoba Chargers + 80s Chargers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 4 door turd Chargers. Yeah I'm mature!!  :icon_smile_big:

They don't do so well against the original ones.....trust me. I ran an SRT8 in a drag test with my 69...it will be in an upcoming issue of Mopar Enthusiast....let's just say he drove it there but didn't drive it home....... :D
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

T3/RT

Quote from: elanmars on February 13, 2010, 02:16:13 AM

Agreed!

Just another dumb way to justify a bad decision...

"The new Charger would run circles around most of the muscle cars from any era," Gilles says. "That is what an automaker is suppose to do -- evolve the species, not be paralyzed by it."

http://www.vaniercollege.qc.ca/notablealumni/gilles/slacker_to_superstar.html

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2002 Chrysler Sebring LXi Conv.
2005 Chrysler 300C
2010 Dodge Challenger SRT