News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

B5 4 speed Daytona on Ebay

Started by tan top, February 12, 2010, 06:15:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nascarxx29

If its the car I believe it is .I have on VHS tape it looked like rats lived in the interior and the garage door was missing panels and rotted ready to fall off
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Blakcharger440

For some reason on that last side pic of that Daytona it looks like the driver side door and fender look to be a slightly different shade of blue than the quarter panel and rocker panel? It could be just the lighting and angle of the panels but it looks different....actually it looks like a different shade at other angles in different pics of the driver side as well.

Beep Beep Dave

I've always liked the colour combo on that B5 car and the fact that it is a 4-speed car :drool5:
Has anyone here actually seen this car in person?
If so what is the quality of the sheetmetal work, how much metal was replaced. It always bugs me when someone tries to sell a car and doesn't include any trunk pics without the mat.

It will be interesting to follow along and see if it sells.

Troy I would not hesitate to toss in a set of 3:54's into the dana...money well spent and it will be that much more fun to drive at speed. And you will still have the cool factor of the dana.

Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

hemi68charger

Quote from: Beep Beep Dave on February 14, 2010, 06:17:44 PM
Troy I would not hesitate to toss in a set of 3:54's into the dana...money well spent and it will be that much more fun to drive at speed. And you will still have the cool factor of the dana.

Dave

Albeit, I would love to be able to afford a gear vendor, I will probably investigate the cost of swapping out the gears. I don't have the experience, tools or background with swapping out Dana gears, setting up backlash, etc...... Now, if it was an 8 3/4, no problem..

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Davtona

What about finding another complete dana rear with 3.54's in it. Then just swap the whole rearend. You'd still have the original 4.10 rearend for the car that way. Just my  :Twocents: but an easier alternative to swapping gears in a rearend. My experience has been the 3.54 rears are not as hard to find as the 4.10's.

hemi68charger

Quote from: Davtona on February 14, 2010, 11:59:15 PM
What about finding another complete dana rear with 3.54's in it. Then just swap the whole rearend. You'd still have the original 4.10 rearend for the car that way. Just my  :Twocents: but an easier alternative to swapping gears in a rearend. My experience has been the 3.54 rears are not as hard to find as the 4.10's.

Unfortunately, I have the "X" factor........... Money......... I agree, the complete 3.54 Dana rear would be the best route. Would hate to get into the original 4.10's...

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

gtx6970

troy,
I have the knowledge and I have the tools avail to me, compared to the costs of a NEW dana .
by the time you factor in the time ( aka labor costs for those less inclined to diy) it just makes sense to install  a new assy and bag the original.

I just went thru this this past summer on an 3.55 8-3/4,,,,, by the time we added up all the parts, added in labor @ $35 hour it was about the same if not cheaper and just  called DrDiff and bought one done and EVERY piece of the assy was brand new. and it's not there giving away gearvender units either. just my  :Twocents:

Dr V

SOOOO, in the opinion of all of you wing guys.  To be realistic, whats this car worth?   Considering the paperwork and condition of the car.
This Damn Car Thing Is Getting Expensive!