News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Online poll for the Superbowl car ads (including the Charger)

Started by Ghoste, February 10, 2010, 11:50:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoparManJim

I hate the new thing called the charger so much I voted for the Green Police ad myself. At least that will maybe show someone. 

bull

Now that I see the list of all the car ads I realize that none of them were any good. The Audi one would have been funnier if it weren't so close to reality.

6pkrunner

Quote from: bull on February 11, 2010, 01:00:45 AM
Now that I see the list of all the car ads I realize that none of them were any good. The Audi one would have been funnier if it weren't so close to reality.

And that's why its so hilarious. Give it another 5-10 years and that will be exactly it. Arrested and jailed for styrofoam.

BrianShaughnessy

The Charger ad is a solid 2nd place in that poll.   Not bad considering how polarizing the car is around here and the audi yuppie status.

I thought it was different... somewhat clever but a bit too long with the PW faces and too little of the driving action.    I'm sure if they gave out sound editing awards for commercials the Charger ad would win it.    The alternate Charger chick ad was definitely hotter.   

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Brock Samson

So Somewhat related...
  here in the Bay Area we have enforced recycling with the goal of a 75% recycling of all Home and Biz. refuse.
   three different colored garbage cans - Black for "garbage" Green for food scraps and plant material and Blue for actual recyclables...
   two weeks ago as i was wheeling the large bins out there was a woman going from Can to Can with a very official looking clipboard making notes... She made a beeline to where I was and inspected the contents of my "refuse".
She noticed some things out of order my Buddy had thrown out into the wrong can namely food items in a plastic bag were in the green compost. Very nice and even apologetic she explained that she was with the "Ecology Dept of the City and County or San Francisco.
And was tasked with enforcing the Cities' Regulations on recycling, so anyhow she marking something on her clip board nodded her head in perfect agreement with me, handed me a flyer. and was on her way.
The following week (last Thursday) I was told by a neighbor there were a few guys in a city truck going up and down the street checking the contents of everyones' cans.
  A side note to this is that there is also a regulation that the garbage Bins can't be left on the street other then on the pick up day, which poses a problem for all the many homes where the garages and patios have been converted to living space, and there are a large number of these. These folks have to have their Bins inside where I'm sure they smell, take up space and are rather... "unsightly"..
There are supposeldy fines for these infractions so I guess they will be handing out "tickets" soon.  :scratchchin:
                             http://www.sunsetscavenger.com/

Along the same Eco friendly lines we have "Spare the Air Days" when we arn't allowed to use our fireplaces or burn anything.

TheGhost

The Charger's got my vote.  The Audi ad just pissed me off.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.