News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who saw the superbowl Dodge Charger commercial?

Started by resq302, February 07, 2010, 07:39:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

resq302

Let me just say that I think that was the stupidest commercial I have ever seen.  What a waste of our tax payers money.  Dodge is dead to me.  (ok, maybe the "new" Dodge, not the classics!)
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

A383Wing

69charger2002

i hate where dodge is going. So sad too because they have shown just enough glimmers of hope at times to keep us believing(insert new challenger here)
oh well, they can't take away our classics.
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

maxwellwedge

Those dudes were severely P-W'd. Even my wife said so.

ChgrSteve67

My wife was making a list of the items mentioned.

I told her I would drive a Toyota long before I agreed to any of that.

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

MoparManJim

Man, that ad in that link, what a dumb one!  :smilielol: 

resq302

Ok, the half time show reminds me of watching just about every opening credits for CSI.    :lol:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

jb666

Quote from: resq302 on February 07, 2010, 08:12:14 PM
Ok, the half time show reminds me of watching just about every opening credits for CSI.    :lol:

:rofl: me too!!

And that commercial absolutely sucked.

Tilar

It was cool to see The Who again, but that commercial, I will put the seat down? Come on women, Take a look behind you before you throw that ass out of gear!  :rofl:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

70charginglizard

70charginglizard

john.v

Khyron

so what that is saying is that all the new Charger owners are p***y whipped :lol:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Mr.Woolery

My take on the commercial:

-I'm P-whipped.  
-Here's a list of what I do that proves I'm P-whipped.
-Here's what I drive.
-If you're P-whipped, maybe you should drive one too.

NET RESULT:  Chargers become the official P-whipped car.  Anyone who drives one doesn't have any testicles, because they're kept in a box in their wife/girlfriends possession.  One step up from a girly car reputation...might as well be a Miata.  :smilielol:

-1971 Charger R/T clone restomod project

For details on my cars, check out my web blog

elacruze

Not me, NFL blocked the superbowl from military TV.

Boo NFL.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

ChgrSteve67

According to the comercial the new Charger is for pu*sies

:smilielol:

resq302

Quote from: Mr.Woolery on February 07, 2010, 11:43:19 PM
My take on the commercial:

-I'm P-whipped.  
-Here's a list of what I do that proves I'm P-whipped.
-Here's what I drive.
-If you're P-whipped, maybe you should drive one too.

NET RESULT:  Chargers become the official P-whipped car.  Anyone who drives one doesn't have any testicles, because they're kept in a box in their wife/girlfriends possession.  One step up from a girly car reputation...might as well be a Miata.  :smilielol:

Wow so not only is it an ugly 4 door charger wanna be, but, now it is the flag car for p-whipped men.
Brian

A383Wing

Another stupid one was the Simpsons Coke commercial....  :eek2:

ChgrSteve67

The Bud comercial with the bull that wants to be a clydesdale is also stupid.

Bring back the Bud Bowl

resq302

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on February 08, 2010, 12:31:06 AM
Bring back the Bud Bowl

Yup, that was pretty cool when they did that for a couple years.
Brian

Matthan

Old Moparz

I saw the Charger commercial as well as the attempt at humor in it, but didn't think it was funny or entertaining. The only commercial that I did find funny, was the Doritos one where the dog puts the shock collar on the guy who teased him.....LOL   :lol:

All the marketing in the world still can't make a Dorito taste any different than spray cleaner. Man, those things taste awful.  :eek2:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Tilar

Quote from: Old Moparz on February 08, 2010, 10:07:35 AM

All the marketing in the world still can't make a Dorito taste any different than spray cleaner. Man, those things taste awful.  :eek2:

I wanna make sure I don't get any doritos where you get them.  :lol:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Old Moparz on February 08, 2010, 10:07:35 AM
The only commercial that I did find funny, was the Doritos one where the dog puts the shock collar on the guy who teased him.....LOL   :lol:

:smilielol:  :iagree:

The wife and I thought that was hysterical too.

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

FLG

Anyone notice that the end

"Mans last stand"

.....Could easily be changed to

"Four door sedan"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: