News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Real life tough guy stories.

Started by 89MOPAR, February 03, 2010, 06:14:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

89MOPAR

Got any good real life tough guy stories ?
    Chargergirl related in another post how her 68yr old father-in-law stopped 6 guys who were harassing his granddaughter, which got me thinking.

Maybe you saw someone beat 4 fellows at once, or someone Saved You from a whipping thru application of wisdom.

Years ago in the Navy, a guy transferred in to our division, he had just left the Air Force as a Ranger, and wanted to get 20 yrs in the services to retire. A divison leader read his service jacket and confirmed his prior work.  We had about 7 or 8 guys on the watch, and we decided on a pushup contest. 10 pushups per minute, starting on the minute---when you couldn't get 10 good pushups done in your last minute you were finished.
   Most guys dropped out by the low 20's.   3rd place guy did 280 pushups.  Two of us are left.  AirForceRanger guy drops out at 420.  I make it to 460, then i'm quivering jelly muscles and it's over.
   I'm thinking in my head- maybe i have a 20% of beating him in a fight.  A few weeks later, i ask him to show me some moves. He puts me in some arm + leg locks, I thought my joints were going to come tearing out of my skin.  Ouch !! -  I revised my mental estimate down to about 3 %.   :'(   ;D

ABout a year later the boat pulls into Columbia, the country, for a couple day port visit.  They had Guards w/ shotguns watching over the McDonalds !!     Ranger friend is "restricted to the boat" by the Captain.  All he would say was " when I was here in the AirForce , we dealt with some bad men, and hurt some very seriously, some didn't recover ".   We figured some drug gangsters or revolutionary types wanted to get their hands on him.

77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

Tilar

I grew up on a farm. Been there all of my life. It was actually the farm my dad grew up on. The first time I drove anything was taking a truck load of grain to town with my grandpa at the age of 13. Anyway, My grandpa was my hero. We were best friends. I would still happily take a bullet for this man. I was probably 15 or 16 at the time, which would make this 1972 or 73 and would have made him probably 61 at the time. He was a tough old bird. Did I mention he was my hero? Anyway, Grandma wanted to go to the mall and Grandpa asked me to go along so I did. While we were walking down the center isle of the mall, apparently someone tried to pick the wallet out of his back pocket. I didn't even get the chance to see it happen but I did see grandpa spin around and he popped this guy right in the mouth. Dropped the guy like a rock right there on the floor, he was out like turning off a light. Did I mention he was my hero?
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Smokey Bear

For me, it's Paul Moyer, playing as backup safety to injured Ken Easley for the Seattle Seahawks: In the early 90's he suffered a ruptured testicle in a game after getting kicked in the sack. This happened early in the game, which he continued to play to the end. Running around the field tackling people with a ruptured testicle for another 45 minutes? Yikes.

elacruze

I watched a Marine Gunnery Sergeant tear off 37 front-handed pullups. Does that count?
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

devilgear

When I was a kid my granparents never had much money...So luxuries like Dentists were out of the question...I saw my Grandpa go into the bath room and extract his own busted tooth with a pliers....Twice...He did not even wince in pain...When it was over he just sat down and had a beer...They do not make them like that anymore...

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: devilgear on February 03, 2010, 11:40:48 PM
When I was a kid my granparents never had much money...So luxuries like Dentists were out of the question...I saw my Grandpa go into the bath room and extract his own busted tooth with a pliers....Twice...He did not even wince in pain...When it was over he just sat down and had a beer...They do not make them like that anymore...
:o Now that's a tuff guy story!
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

stripedelete

Dick Kempthorne, Kempthorne Motors, Canton, Ohio, in the late '40's, played most of a Rose Bowl game with a broken rib. I can't imagine what that felt like.  Left him with a hell of a lump. 

I think he is still with us.  Probably to tough to go.......

Cooter

Not really in line with you alls stories too much, but I did meet guy I'll never foget in high School...I always knew OF him, just never really engaged in any conversation with him as he was always quiet...
Guys name was Charles Green..A little guy, nice, mild mannered, easy to talk to when you DID get him taking, etc..
One day out in Building and trades, we were putting the sub floor in a house we were building, when a rock came flying over from the chain link fence about 30 yards away.. We all knew this other kid was trying to "test" Chuck, so we just didn't pay it any mind..Then, another rock...Chuck said "Throw one more rock at me and I'm coming over that fence and kick your azz"...Yep, sho nuff, another rock came over and hit him this time...All I remember was seeing Chuck Scale that fence and beating on that kid till when the principle pulled him off.. He couldn't stand up he was so tired..Blood all over his clothes...The kid looked like he'd been through a meat grinder....After that, I called Chuck "Mr. Green"....

I was at the drag strip one day running the Dart, when this Orange Camaro with white stripes was making a few passes..I walked down to where it was in the pits and guess who it was?......Yep, I STILL called him "Mr. Green" too and I'm 6ft 280...Just goes to show 'ya, you can be right beside someone, (Internet is worse), and not even know who your dealing with..
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Rolling_Thunder

hmmmm....                 I witnessed my friend's father do 50 dead-hang pull ups...         guy was 39 years old...     

I have seen quite a bit of other things in my life but that just strikes me as being on tough guy....   
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

chargergirl

Strength comes in all shapes and sizes...my sons got in trouble for laughing when talking about the Columbine Disaster. The teacher was relating how the two parents didn't know what their one son was up  to and he yelled at the parent and told her to stay the F.... out of his room. The school called the counselors and principal...finally my son stood up and said...Look, all of us live at the same address...if you told my, our,  mom to F off...you would first be lucky to still have lips...then the door would be removed by her and burned...it is a privilege not a right to have one...she would tell you, "it's my house and you live here because I let you and believe in you...so NEVER speak to me like that again". He then related how I worked full time...went to school 3/4 time...three classes and still was graduating with honors. When I got home I would spend time with my boys...didn't matter what they were doing. Yeah it wasn't easy...but man...it was worth it..every second...every emotion...every kid knew they meant something to someone. The hardest case I ever had was headed for a life of crime. He had NO EMOTIONS or so it seemed...finally after 6 months of feeling safe he "crashed" and let his feelings show...it was a tough 6 hours...on him...it was pure relief to me. Most of my boys are serving this country...yeah I'm a serious patriot. My son was  asked to describe me with two movie personalities...his first answer was "Stand and Deliver" the second was "The Patriot". When they mentioned these main characters were both men...he said yeah...she's pretty tough. The hardest part of being me is when my sons went to Iraq...I couldn't be there to fight by their side...20 boys...all NOT related...raised as one family.
Trust your Woobie!