News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 Front Fender Questions

Started by Projekts, February 01, 2010, 03:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Projekts

I have a few questions about the front fenders.

In the first photo, I'm missing whatever fastener fits in this hole, there was a bolt brazed in when I got it, it's where the hood bumper screws into. Does anyone know what it looks like/where to get it?

In the second photo, is the antenna hole supposed to look like this?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

GreenMachine

The hood bumper nut looks like it's slid in there and you bend the tabs (4 of them) back to secure it. I'm sure you could get them easily at the junkyard. My guess on your antenna hole is that's body filler that was poorly finished.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

Projekts

Quote from: GreenMachine on February 01, 2010, 05:38:28 PM
The hood bumper nut looks like it's slid in there and you bend the tabs (4 of them) back to secure it. I'm sure you could get them easily at the junkyard. My guess on your antenna hole is that's body filler that was poorly finished.

Thanks that's a big help. My antenna hole is crudely cut out, it's not bondo. Can you tell me what the diameter of the hole is supposed to be?

GreenMachine

If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

Projekts

Thanks again. I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out here.