News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

NEW QUESTION!! anyone use the XV Motorsport 3 point seatbelts in your charger?

Started by HITMAN 149, January 31, 2010, 02:01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HITMAN 149

hey guys...
was wondering if anyone bought XV's shoulder belts they make for chargers?? like?? dislike??
i put a set of acura rsx leather racing seats in my R/T, and i was thinking of picking up the XV shouder belts to use in my car!?!? also are seatbelts as far as the male & female ends universal!?!?  :scratchchin: lol
thanks!!!
:cheers:
-john
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

471_Magnum

What year Charger?

Generally speaking, they don't fit well with consoles, particularly 1st & 2nd gens.

The roof anchor is very far rearward, so the reach to get the belt is a big stretch.

That being said, this configuration is about the best you're gonna do if you want a 3 point retractable belt

XV just re-brands these things. You can buy them direct from the manufacturer for a few bucks less. Don't have the mfr info handy thou
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

komninon

i have them on my 68 with buddy seat. i do not think they will fit with a console.

HITMAN 149

thanks guys...
hmmmmmm??? cause i do plan on doing some sort of console!?!?!?! hahaha
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

Troy

I had them in my Barracuda with a console and they worked pretty well. I have heard (and can see) how they wouldn't fit well in a B body with a console. Fortunately, none of my B bodies have consoles.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Hemidog

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,50280.0.html

I've got the belts in my 68, and are very happy with them.

Since I got a console, I used a heat gun to form the driver side plastic thingie so that the belt fits snugly between the seats and console.

HITMAN 149

ok...
i came up with a new question regarding seatbelts....
are seatbelts universal as far as one end (male) clicking into another end (female)??
i have acura rsx seats in my 68.... as i said earlier i was thinking on getting XV (or whoever else) shoulder belts...
my seats DON'T have the seatbelt housings on the sides.. (as i guess the airbags imploded) but i can get a set no prob, BUT will they work with the XV seatbelts then??? hmmmmmm??? :shruggy:
thanks!!
-john
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

69rtse4spd

Hemidog, what kind of seats have you got in your car. Is the side bolstering harder to get in & out of. Also price, inquiring minds want to know.   :icon_smile_question:

Hemidog

Quote from: 69rtse4spd on February 11, 2010, 08:14:54 PM
Hemidog, what kind of seats have you got in your car. Is the side bolstering harder to get in & out of. Also price, inquiring minds want to know.   :icon_smile_question:

These are the seats I have: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-G1159-2/
Really comfy, and not too hard to get in and out of. You can actually stay IN the seat when you make a turn compared to the originals!  ;)

General 68

Hemidog-  Can you tell me what brackets you used to mount the Summit seats in your Charger? Do they eventually come with the seats or do they have to be ordered aside? Takk sålangt, Landsmann!

1968 Charger B5

I run them in my 74 roadrunner, buckets with buddy seat...they fit great and are very comfortable, I recommend them  (xv  seatbelts)
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
1970 Dodge Charger
1974 Plymouth Roadrunner
1998 Jeep Cherokee SRT

MORFF

Hemidog WHAT KIND OF SEATS ARE THOSE LOOK NICE. SORRY DID NOT SEE SOME ONE ALREADY ASKED NICE SEATS THOUGH. DID YOU HAVE TO CUSTOM THE BRACKETS TO MAKE FIT IN FLOOR PAN?
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

Hemidog

MORFF

Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi