News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Charger color

Started by pullrock, January 26, 2010, 03:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pullrock

Do anyone have any pictures of a 68 Charger R/T in Medium Gold Metallic with white stripe and vinyl top.  That is the original color of my car but I have never seen another one like it.  Anyone have a picture of one?

Thanks,
Eric

YGBSM

What is your VIN number?  That was the original color of my '68 R/T as well (356411) and was wondering if they were made in a batch together.

Sorry, all I have is crappy weathered pictures of the original color- changed it to triple black. 
'68 Charger R/T, numbers matching 440/727
Now with Hensley 496 stroker and Keisler 4-speed auto

pullrock

6bblgt

paint code J - "medium gold metallic" was a pretty popular '68 Charger color, most of them are painted black these days  :scratchchin:

closest I could find - non-R/T off ebay a couple of months ago:

69 OUR/TEA

best I've got.....

pullrock

Thanks guys!  That is what I am looking for.

Eric

8WHEELER

74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

pullrock

WOW 8WHeeler!  That is one good looking car.  That is dead on to my car.  no power steering or brakes.  The guys i purchased my Charger from painted it 68 Chrysler blue.  Here are a few pics of my Charger when it was found in a barn in Northern California.

Thanks again for the pictures!

Eric

Brock Samson

So the two Gold Charger inquiries on the board lead me to post this link with the gold Charger R/T I stumbled upon this past Oct.  here...
  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,62722.0.html

pullrock

That is a nice looking Charger!  Love the redline tires.

gold charger

Wow ! Now there's some real inspiration to get going on my gold 68 Charger R/T.

375instroke

My first Charger was the same color, also.  Gold with white top, stripe, and interior.  R/T with cruise control and A/C.

Patronus

speaking of charger colors, how come I never see this 'cordovan' color? its on the paint chart, kinda purple... but no pics ever???
(color E7)
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

6bblgt

1969 E7 - "cordovan metallic" was a Polara ONLY color for Dodge.
It was also available on Chryslers & Imperials as "dark briar metallic".  Here is an E7 Imperial in a junkyard.