News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

P90X, BRING IT!!! WEEK 1 & WEEK 9 pics for you to laugh at :D

Started by RD, January 24, 2010, 10:32:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mauve66

Quote from: RD on March 03, 2010, 12:06:02 AM

My initial goal was 175lbs.. but if these muscle workouts keep going.. I think it would be better to put it at 180-183lbs.  I will wait and see in about two weeks to see how my weight loss and inches lost is going.

AW HELL..  why wait? I am excited!!! I went from a 43" waistline... too!!!! *DRUMROLL*

38"

that is around the belly at the bellybutton.. not the hips

only 43, THAT sounds like a good number too me..................................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

RD

alright, didnt post last night (meant to but forgot, ebay got in the way, I admit it)... anywho.. last night was yoga and I tell ya.. the missing inches around my waist sure does make those positions a heckuvalot easier to manipulate!  did it all last night and it was cool.. sweat my butt off, but got it all done. 

The crapper part is that the night before we do ab-ripper, yoga has a ab workout put in it, and then.. you guessed it.. ab-ripper again tonight!  holy shnikes!!! my form is getting better, but with better form comes more pain I have so unfortunately found out the hard way.  Did back and legs tonight (i.e. at the end of wall sits my thighs burn hotter than chicken legs in a KFC deep fat fryer!) 

Pull ups were kosher, but i use bands sometimes to break up the monotony.. and well.. rule #1 you must secure the bands so they do not coming flying back at you at full tension and snapping your hands.. yes.. it is very painful... Jamey will not ever forget that rule again after tonight.

I have increase the repetitions of all my activities, as well as performing each exercise with better control and form.  The stuff works folks and my muscles are feeling it.  But I tell  you, as I always say, when I show the photos, you will become believers too.

until tomorrow night!  BRING IT!
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

RD

start of a new week!! did chest, triceps, and shoulders tonight.. then did the ab ripper x.  i tell ya fellerz and fellerettes, this stuff has just made my life a helluvalot better.  I have not had to take my BP medicine for the last two days ( a trial period to be honest ).  I will take a pill before exercising though, just to be on the safe side.  Tonight the ear started ringing a tad so I know my BP was going pretty good.  Wont make that mistake again.  But for everyday activity, I am pretty good to go.

I have noticed that my form and rep's are getting higher and higher and I am really starting to work more in the program.  How.. I am sweating my butt off!

Scale shows me at 188 lbs as of the start of this week.  Will do a final weekly weigh at the end of the week plus a waist measurement. Until tomorrow night!
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Big Sugar

Hey Jamie:

Read back thru your posts and Congrats !! I'm considering the same move, Need to do somthing, 45 has been a tough year on me, it seems as if I'm always at my max strength level now, I'm in construction and lifting and slugging is getting harder and harder.
Got a few question.
  Is your overall energy level up ?
  How was your back before you started.?
   How is it now ?

How Old are you ?

I'm ready , but I'm a little intimidated by the program , I certainly don't want to stress my lower back, it's been a sore spot for me for the past year now.
I'm 6.2" @ 275, Im naturally Big I'd like to be back at 230-40. I'm not looking for a 6 pack....I've already got a Keg.......Speaking of Beer......Is that a Sacrifice on the required diet ??

Thanks
Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

RD

Quote from: Big Sugar on March 08, 2010, 04:55:40 PM
...Got a few question.
  Is your overall energy level up ?
ALOT!!  I am able to do so much more than I used to be able to.

How was your back before you started.?
   How is it now ?
I have a herniated disc at L5-L6 from being in the U.S. Army.  It was bad when I got it, got out of the military and it got exponentially worse.  Now, after exercising and losing the 'frontal' weight, as well as, strengthening my back muscles, my back is hardly an issue.  I am able to do stuff like:

putting a fully loaded Roadrunner onto a trailer with nothing but come-alongs all by myself and not having to rest at all or worry about laying down and get back spasms.  I know, just did it yesterday, and the trailer was going uphill to boot!

How Old are you ?
Will be 38 in August of this year.

I'm ready , but I'm a little intimidated by the program , I certainly don't want to stress my lower back, it's been a sore spot for me for the past year now.
I'm 6.2" @ 275, Im naturally Big I'd like to be back at 230-40. I'm not looking for a 6 pack....I've already got a Keg.......Speaking of Beer......Is that a Sacrifice on the required diet ??

Thanks
Ron

yes, it is a sacrifice as it has carbs that you are not supposed to have AT ALL.  If you are worried about beer, let me be honest, it is the beer that got you the belly you are wanting to get rid of.  You nix the beer, you start a healthy lifestyle that will lead to a leaner and better you. 

Now, I am not a nutritionist or health expert, but I do know that beer leads to beer belly's (anyone can tell you that).  You have to make a conscious and serious effort at this program (or any for that matter) in order to obtain the results you want.  Can you drink beer later? Heck yeah, but you have to get to the point of where your metabolism is at a level to be able to properly remove any excess carbs that you intake.  You get to that point, you are able to eat more foods, but until you get there, you have to show some very serious and genuine discipline.

The whole program will seem like a huge sacrifice at first, but when you start to see that fat melting away, you will not give one iota about that sacrifice, but instead become extremely happy with who you are becoming.  I KNOW THAT FOR A FACT!

Good luck and if you have anymore questions, let me know.

RD

well.. the daily blog continues!  plyometrics tonight... the jumping exercises that is.  they suck, but I do them as best I can.  lots of up and down movement when doing squat jumps, or 180 turn squat jumps... gets me dizzy to be honest, but i keep plugging away.  broke up a sweat again.. training heartrate at 75% so I was doing alright.. probably could have pushed a tad harder though.  Lunges kill me and they do those to warmup! they nuts? yep.

anywho.. did the 5 week pics (sort of supposed to be 4 week pics, but we took a week off cuz my back).  AND AGAIN.. there is a huge change, you can see it, but good god I have a long way to go!  I have lost alot around my waist but I have so much more to lose to get that washboard stomach that it just reminds me how much I hate photo night.  I am sure one of these days in the near future I will love photo night, but tonight I really loathe it.  It sure is motivating though.  Makes me realize that I cannot give up nor can I cheat, I must keep my nose to the grindstone and keep on moving on!

Dans 68

Keep it going! I'll be there within the week.... :eek2:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

chargergirl

Trust your Woobie!

Dans 68

All right, Jamie, where the hell are you? I'm on day six of week one and I again wanted to thank you for starting this thread.  :icon_smile_wink:   :rofl:    Seriously, It has done a lot of good so far. I'm down 3-lbs in under a week. My wife is (still) extremely motivated to do this, and even with my trip to MATS next week she is going to keep going without me. Me, I'll find some time to stretch and do a bit of cardio work. The Nellis Suites (where I'm staying) has a 24 hr gym.  ;)   I just need to limit myself to a few beers and one shot a night at VegasMikes.  :lol:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

RD

lol sorry mate, took a week off to finish the roadrunner, starting up tomorrow night to get the final 20 lbs off my body!

to give you a hint of things to look forward to though, i totally ate like crap this last week (but was pretty active), didnt gain one pound at all (and I am talking mcdonalds and dairy queen food!!)  Of course, my portions were extremely smaller than what I would have ate prior to starting P90X.  Wife and I are excited to get this thing finished though, so you will be getting updates starting tomorrow.  Today is my son's birthday so we will be holding off one more night.

TOTAL CONGRATULATIONS ON THE WEIGHT LOSS!!! It only gets better from here Dan.. I promise.

dkn1997

Hey guys.. I'm thinking about trying this.  I've been kickboxing since mid january and lost 26lbs...I feel better than I have in a long time, turned 40 in november.   I'm still on the fence about it though....U get out 3x a week for kickboxing..but I suppose that since this is home, I could probably find more time. 
RECHRGED

RD

its a great exercise program.  i believe it would be a great supplement to your current martial arts program as it stresses flexibility, balance, proper nutrition, and endurance.  couldnt hurt to try it.

Tilar

I bet 20 years ago I'd have loved to get into this, But at (almost) 53, About the only weights I want to lift only weight 12oz and come in a gold and black can. Plus at this age it would probably give me a heart attack  :smilielol:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

RD

wife became ill this week and we promised to stick together.. when she heals up, i will begin posting again as that is when we will start up.

Dans 68

Quote from: Tilar on March 23, 2010, 03:48:26 PM
I bet 20 years ago I'd have loved to get into this, But at (almost) 53, About the only weights I want to lift only weight 12oz and come in a gold and black can. Plus at this age it would probably give me a heart attack  :smilielol:

Nah, I'm almost there (53, that is  :rofl: ) and while it is a difficult workout (at their pace) you do what you can. My wife and I are surviving just fine.  :icon_smile_wink:

Dan

RD

ok gang, started back up tonight.. chest, arms , and triceps and ab-ripper X.  We are on week 7 (I know, if you do the math we should be on 9, but we took a break due to spring break and illness).  First and foremost, for those that are doing this, BRING IT!!! :D

Ok, it was a good night, pushed myself hard.. real hard.. my triceps sincerely want to secede from my body as much as Quebec wants the rest of Canada to sink into the ocean.  My arms are shaking while I type this.. it was that good of a workout.  Ab-ripper x was really good, with the smaller tummy I have, its seems that it helps with my ability to have more extended movements doing the exercises... which is good, but at the same time.. the more extension the more it hurts (as in pain). So, mental note, with less weight comes more intense workouts... that never dawned on me.  I thought it would be easier, but NOPE! they are intense.  Which is good in its own right as that means I am doing a helluvalot (yes that is a word in Kansas) better.

Hope you all have a good night knowing I worked enough for 4 couch potatoes.  Have a good evening, and DAN, buddy.. quit partying at the MATS and start a moving!

measurements:

weight:  185 lbs (yes I was 210 when I started)
waist:  38" (that is not the hips, but the waist, 43 1/2" when I started)
bicep/tricep:  14 1/2" (14" when I started)

BB1

Delete my profile

RD

PLYOMETRICS!!! woot!!! jumping exercises.. did extremely well tonight.  got through most of the ones and even pushed myself harder than I have usually.  I mean.. I did certain exercises "extreme"ly more intense than I usually do.  Feel pretty good, though I my arms and abs are still sore from last night.  Well, now my legs will be added to that for tomorrow's muscle pain.  GOD BLESS P90X!!! and I mean that sincerely.

Welp, good night and remember.. there is a stupid guy (i.e. me) who is working his tail off from 8:30 pm to 10:00 pm weekly :D so you dont have to hehehe

Dans 68

Quote from: RD on March 29, 2010, 10:21:56 PM
...and remember.. there is at least two stupid guy(s) (i.e. me) who is working his/their tail off from 8:30 pm to 10:00 pm weekly :D so you dont have to hehehe

Just started week three tonight.  :eek2:  I'm so glad you started this thread.  :yesnod:   :popcrn:

Dan

RD

took the night off last night (due to commitments with school) started up today on biceps and back, w/ab ripper x taking up the last 15 minutes.  Wow.. I worked hard tonight.  I still have one heckuva time doing pull-ups, but its hard to do what they do when you have worked the muscles with dumbbells right before doing pull ups (plus, I will be honest, I hate pull ups with a passion).  I understand they are good for you (very synergistic) but good GOD!! they are (1) hard and (2) painful ( can you say corncob pull up?).

ab ripper.. wow.. i felt my core abs BURNING!!! IT WAS HURTING BAD!! but that means I am doing good, so i was actually very happy that I got the pain.  I so want to have that washboard stomach that I just get sickened at my current profile.  I am going to work really hard to get NO FAT around my waistline.. really hard. 

I have been contemplating picking up some jogging at night (1 or 2 miles) just to help with cardio.  There is a cardio workout included in the P90X program to supplement your workout, but I used to love running and I think it would be a great change from the whole DVD thing.  Not sure just yet, but "may" pick it up later on.

Good luck to all who are doing this and "do your best and forget the rest."

RD

woo hoo, finally the real WEEK 7 (after spring break, illness, and work commitments) the wife and I decided to redo week 7 all over again rather than just keep going.  I think its cool cuz I get to work on my upper body much more this way.

anyway, did chest, shoulders, and triceps tonight.  BOY.. AFTER WORKING ALL DAY OUTSIDE WELDING, MOCK UP, WELDING, PAINTING, WELDING, SANDING, oh and did I mention welding?  I really kicked it into gear tonight.  I was hitting higher weights doing the 8-10 max rep approach.  worked real nicely as my arms are butter right now.  a nice lil' shake going on as I type.  lots of pushups, tricep extensions, pushups, and well more tricep work.  

did ab-ripper x and I am feeling a good nice burn as my reps are steadily increasing.  I am so close to staying with them throughout the entire workout.  It will be soon that i can do everything they ask, but its still a couple weeks off.  I am mainly trying to perfect my form doing the exercises right now.  Figure it makes no sense doing the total reps if your form looks like crud, so I have patience.

Good luck for all who are doing this and keep up the good work.

KS71owner

I'm glad to see so many of you having success with this program....I just turned 32 and am close to 250, the heaviest I've ever been. I'd love to get back to 200 or even 185-190. I despise going to gyms, I tried it a few years ago and lasted about 8 months. I'm seriously considering trying this instead. I've had some success with South Beach but I would like to tone up as well as lose the gut.

MOPARHOUND!

Update.............??

Actually stopped to watch the infomercial over the weekend.

Interesting stuff.............  :scratchchin:
1971 Charger R/T, 440 H.P., Auto, A/C Daily Driven (till gas went nuts).  NOW IN CARS FOR SALE SECTION: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48709.0.html
1969 Charger 318/Auto (latest addtion): http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,31948.0.html
*Speed costs money son, how fast do you want to go, and for how long?"
*"Build the biggest engine you can afford the first time."
*"We normally wouldn't use a 383 for this build, parts and labor for a 440 cost the same."

RD

Quote from: MOPARHOUND! on April 05, 2010, 10:51:58 AM
Update.............??

Actually stopped to watch the infomercial over the weekend.

Interesting stuff.............  :scratchchin:

28 lbs lost, 37 1/2" waistline

RD

just finished plyometrics tonight!! whew!!!! its warmer today so i sweated my behind off... i was seriously sucking wind.. but I am pushing myself really hard.. got to lose that weight!!!!  with the longer days it sure is hard to find the motivation, but we got it and by darn we are going to finish this.. if the above stats dont prove it.. let me tell you.. it works!!!   I dont need a gym, I got my living room.