News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

LET ME SEE IF I GOT THIS RIGHT....

Started by Bob, January 13, 2010, 09:35:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

IF YOU CROSS THE NORTH KOREAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU
   GET 12 YEARS HARD LABOR.
           IF YOU CROSS THE IRANIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU ARE
   DETAINED INDEFINITELY.
           IF YOU CROSS THE AFGHAN BORDER ILLEGALLY, YOU GET
   SHOT.
           IF YOU CROSS THE SAUDI ARABIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU
   WILL BE JAILED.
           IF YOU CROSS THE CHINESE BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU MAY
   NEVER BE HEARD FROM AGAIN.
           IF YOU CROSS THE VENEZUELAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU
   WILL BE BRANDED A SPY AND YOUR FATE WILL BE SEALED.
           IF YOU CROSS THE CUBAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE
   THROWN INTO POLITICAL PRISON TO ROT.

IF YOU CROSS THE U.S. BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET

*        A JOB,
           *        A DRIVERS LICENSE,
           *        SOCIAL SECURITY CARD,
           *        WELFARE,
           *        FOOD STAMPS,
           *        CREDIT CARDS,
           *        SUBSIDIZED RENT OR A LOAN TO BUY A HOUSE,
           *        FREE EDUCATION,
           *        FREE HEALTH CARE,
           *        A LOBBYIST IN WASHINGTON
           *        BILLIONS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF PUBLIC
                     DOCUMENTS PRINTED IN YOUR LANGUAGE
           *        THE RIGHT TO CARRY YOUR COUNTRY'S FLAG
                     WHILE YOU PROTEST THAT YOU DON'T GET ENOUGH RESPECT
           *        AND YOU CAN VOTE DEMOCRAT.

I JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE I HAD A FIRM GRASP ON THE
   SITUATION...FUNNY ISN'T IT.  ::) ::)

Ghoste

Bob

Ghoste

Bob

Quote from: Ghoste on January 13, 2010, 09:52:33 AM
I know.  :icon_smile_wink:

It often crossed mind of the penalties that other countries would impose.

Disclaimer: Insert laugh here to keep it the "Lighter Side:.   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Tilar

I wonder if I could pass myself off as a mexican. Maybe sell everything, Go to mexico and then sneak back across the border.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

waroc

:METAL: SONS A B*@%$#S !   i say.... aw never mind... it doesn't matter what i SAY anyways... those SONS A B*@%$#S  are gonna keep on coming no matter what...  :punkrocka:
M a s s i v e l y  O v e r  P o w e r e d  A n d  R e s p e c t e d

twodko

Here's the deal according to a Roosevelt speech he made back in the day.

"Everyone is welcome to immigrate to America, Americans do not discriminate against people based on race, religion etc. You are expected to assimilate yourself into American society, you will be treated as an American. The language in America is english, there is only one flag in this country and its the American flag. You will not align yourself under 2 different flags. You will be expected to work, pay your share of taxes to benefit the infrastructure of America and you will enjoy all the freedoms, benefits and opportunity to seek the American dream as any other American."

Pretty much says it all.

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

RD

Quote from: twodko on January 14, 2010, 12:32:58 PM

"Everyone is welcome to immigrate to America, Americans do not discriminate against people based on race, religion etc. You are expected to assimilate yourself into American society, you will be treated as an American. The language in America is english, there is only one flag in this country and its the American flag. You will not align yourself under 2 different flags. You will be expected to work, pay your share of taxes to benefit the infrastructure of America and you will enjoy all the freedoms, benefits and opportunity to seek the American dream as any other American."

Pretty much says it all.

Tom

too bad his speech has since fallen upon deaf ears...
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

defiance

Clarifications:

Quote from: Bob on January 13, 2010, 09:35:58 AM
IF YOU CROSS THE NORTH KOREAN BORDER ILLEGALLY and get caught YOU GET 12 YEARS HARD LABOR.
IF YOU CROSS THE IRANIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY and get caught YOU ARE DETAINED INDEFINITELY.
IF YOU CROSS THE AFGHAN BORDER ILLEGALLY and get caught YOU GET SHOT.
IF YOU CROSS THE SAUDI ARABIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY and get caught YOU WILL BE JAILED.
IF YOU CROSS THE CHINESE BORDER ILLEGALLY and get caught YOU MAY NEVER BE HEARD FROM AGAIN.
IF YOU CROSS THE VENEZUELAN BORDER ILLEGALLY and get caught YOU WILL BE BRANDED A SPY AND YOUR FATE WILL BE SEALED.
IF YOU CROSS THE CUBAN BORDER ILLEGALLY and get caught YOU WILL BE THROWN INTO POLITICAL PRISON TO ROT.

BUT, IF YOU CROSS THE U.S. BORDER ILLEGALLY and get caught YOU GET:
Processed and deported.

by way of comparison

IF YOU CROSS THE NORTH KOREAN BORDER ILLEGALLY and falsify documentation of citizenship and do not get caught YOU GET: all the benefits of citizenship of that country
IF YOU CROSS THE IRANIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY and falsify documentation of citizenship and do not get caught YOU GET: all the benefits of citizenship of that country
IF YOU CROSS THE AFGHAN BORDER ILLEGALLY and falsify documentation of citizenship and do not get caught YOU GET: all the benefits of citizenship of that country
IF YOU CROSS THE SAUDI ARABIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY and falsify documentation of citizenship and do not get caught YOU GET: all the benefits of citizenship of that country
IF YOU CROSS THE CHINESE BORDER ILLEGALLY and falsify documentation of citizenship and do not get caught YOU GET: all the benefits of citizenship of that country
IF YOU CROSS THE VENEZUELAN BORDER ILLEGALLY and falsify documentation of citizenship and do not get caught YOU GET: all the benefits of citizenship of that country
IF YOU CROSS THE CUBAN BORDER ILLEGALLY and falsify documentation of citizenship and do not get caught YOU GET: all the benefits of citizenship of that country

BUT, IF YOU CROSS THE U.S. BORDER ILLEGALLY and falsify documentation of citizenship and do not get caught YOU GET: all the benefits of citizenship of that country

Huh. Maybe not so different.  But hey, misrepresentation and hyperbole sound much cooler, so you'll probably want to stick with your version.

Now if you want to complain about how our enforcement compares, fine, but don't pretend it's policy; not one of these comparative points conveys how successful any of the countries involved are at enforcement. And maybe if you're comparing immigration enforcement, you should stick to countries people actually want to get into. I'm guessing North Korea probably doesn't have much trouble catching all of the 4 people who want in out. 

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: RD on January 15, 2010, 01:30:27 AM

Pretty much says it all.

Tom

too bad his speech has since fallen upon deaf ears...

Nah, it's not deaf ears. It's SCADD and they stop reading after the first sentence.

(SCADD - Self Convenient Attention Deficit Disorder - one claims ADD when it suits one's purpose  :icon_smile_big:)

chargergirl

Pretty much says it all.

Tom
AMEN it is what my relatives did...they came, they worked, they became Americans...still had our cultural ways, foods, languages, but you learned English, you pledged allegiance to America...Land of the Free, Home of the Brave! You held dear the America that was safer by far than where you left. It was and still is a good life...better than anywhere else.
Trust your Woobie!