News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Pure Stock Drags versus FAST Class racing.

Started by Ghoste, January 10, 2010, 07:06:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

The cars that run in the Pure Stock drags are obviously not pure stock but are they as altered as the FAST class cars?
What are the typical modifications the guys racing in the Pure Stock shootout are doing?

mauve66

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Ghoste

I should have been clearer.  I don't mean the NHRA Pure Stock Street Legal class, I mean the Pure Stock Drags musclecar shootout held each year in Michigan.

mauve66

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Ghoste

Cooter

Quote from: Ghoste on January 10, 2010, 10:34:19 PM
So what are doing outside the rules?

Cheating..........Pure and simple...Some of 'em have more money to "cheat" with and not get caught... Like Extrude honed exhaust manifolds, 700 C.I. engines that "appear" stock, Extrude honed intakes that flow right with BRODIX stuff, Heads that have been "masaged" so heavily, that the word "epoxy" comes up whenever he talks to his machinist, etc...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Ghoste

Those are kind of the examples that I was thinking of.   Does anyone know how many if any of those guys at the very top of the scale have ever used the option to have their cars certified as "pure stock"?  For that matter does that option even still exist?