News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Winter storage maintenance

Started by Ghoste, January 10, 2010, 01:28:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

So everyone who puts their car into long term winter storage, do you perform any maintenance on it during storage or just forget about it until spring?
Myself I just start it up every three to four weeks and let it get well warmed up.  Try to take it up and down the driveway a few times to work the brakes, steering and gears.

Todd Wilson

Quote from: Ghoste on January 10, 2010, 01:28:29 AM
So everyone who puts their car into long term winter storage, do you perform any maintenance on it during storage or just forget about it until spring?
Myself I just start it up every three to four weeks and let it get well warmed up.  Try to take it up and down the driveway a few times to work the brakes, steering and gears.

Thats what I usually do. Just did that today. Been anywhere from 3 months to 6 weeks on firing up the old iron.

Todd

Just 6T9 CHGR

Usually just let her sit.....winter is when I tear it apart to "primp" for the next season
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

chargerjy9

I disconnect the battery, add stabil to the gas, cover her up and let sit till spring. she is inside in a heated space.
when I start her in spring, she fires right up,no problem. I ve been doing like this for years.
1973 Dodge Charger SE 400 4 bbl,727, survivor
1977 AMC Pacer original
2011 Dodge charger R/T Max

BrianShaughnessy

I finally bought a 2 bank battery tender and hooked it up around xmas.  That was the last I thought about doing anything.

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.