News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ever just have one of those days ?

Started by Rolling_Thunder, January 05, 2010, 01:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolling_Thunder

Well I had one of them yesterday-  I have been holding onto my 69 Road Runner for a friend of mine who wanted to buy it...   been sitting on it for 6 months and turning away other offers to honor my word...     he called me up and mentioned his wife spent the money he was saving to buy it...    so...     in short I am stuck with my 69 RR for a while....       So...     look for a build thread coming up   haha      I do not have the time nor the money but I will damn sure build it...    I am getting the floors in hopefully this weekend along with the trunk...     doing some basic body work / patches -     I am thinking of painting it silver with a black interior. I sold the stroker but still have a 383 kicking it in my shed - I'll throw that pig in there along with my freshly redone 4-speed....   

This is not going to be a fully done car...   It will be nice but I am not going to go the perfectionist route I have in the past...    I have some 4.56 gears for it already...    just a fast street brawler.

Plan is to sell it as soon as its done.
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Ghoste

I'm going to give you a big tip of the hat for honoring your word and i hope this won't discourage from doing it again.  Obviously it isn't how you planned for things to go but it probably wasn't how your friend wanted it either.  Good for you doing that and good for you going ahead positively and finishing the car.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

TylerCharger69

I think if it was my wife who spent that money.....she'd better be getting it back really fast!!!!!

RamchargerMopar

Quote from: TylerCharger69 on January 05, 2010, 01:35:33 PM
I think if it was my wife who spent that money.....she'd better be getting it back really fast!!!!!

True that but hey things happen and thats how life goes. I hope you at least enjoy the build, I know I always enjoy a good build.  :2thumbs:
Mopar or No Car!

Rolling_Thunder

yea - but between work 40+ hours a week, College full time (22 units), side work, and two other restoration projects the LAST thing i needed was another project car   haha    :smilielol:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

70charginglizard

70charginglizard

Cooter

Been there and still doing that very thing right now...Been sittin' on a few '58 Plymouth Hard to find parts for a friend/club member and it's been over a year....In fact, this July will be two years...I hear he has his '57 2dr Hd top up for sale now...It pisses me off how nobody calls anybody that is actually holding cars/parts for people and just ASSUME you are one of those people that Say your gonna hold it and sell it the next week...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"