News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rock Band / Guitar Hero RESPECT

Started by 451-74Charger, January 04, 2010, 12:43:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

451-74Charger

:o Holly Crap people, i've been playing Rockband / Rockband2 since Christmas, and all I can say is, i have a new found respect for musicians.
I was playing on medium difficulty and it is evident im no musician. Although i completed the games, i know the actual instruments would be more challenging.

So respect where it is deserved,  :METAL: :notworthy: Musicians rock (pun intended).

BTW, i only played a couple hours a day, and mainly stuck to Bass or vocals.

defiance

Try tom sawyer (rush) on expert guitar or drums- it's pretty wild! :)  My kid got lego rock band for christmas so we've all been playing together.  I can pretty much ace any vocals I know through expert.  I'm pretty bad with everything else ... better with the drums than other stuff, but not much. 

Just 6T9 CHGR

I got the family RB2 & the Beatles RB for the Wii for X-mas.

Both my daughters play Clarinet (older daughter plays Tenor Sax & a bit of the piano as well (self taught)
They both rock out on the hard levels on the guitars (blinding) but my younger daughter surprisingly took to the drums like it was second nature (never picked up a stick) She started on the medium level but now plays on the hard level....Im very impressed to say the least.   Definitely have respect for drummers

Myself, I have no coordination whatsoever and CANNOT play the drums to save my life...Im pretty good on the guitar & bass on the easy levels though.  RB2 has some great songs as well :thumbs:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69bronzeT5

It's quite funny....I've been playing real guitar for 6 years now but I have issues playing some songs on Guitar Hero :lol:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

451-74Charger

Its been 25 years since i had guitar lessons, I cant play anywhere near as well as I thought i could  :rofl:

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on January 04, 2010, 04:38:26 PM
It's quite funny....I've been playing real guitar for 6 years now but I have issues playing some songs on Guitar Hero :lol:

Me too. It's because the buttons they want you to hit don't necessarily relate to where the note is compared to the last note...
i.e. They may have you "play" a button higher up the neck but he note is actually lower than the note you just played. It's counter intuitive to people that play real guitars.
It's worse when you know the song. You're brain is used to telling your hands to go one way, but the game is asking you to do something different.
I played GH on the PS2 for about a week and then stopped. I got too frustrated. :D My wife wants to hit me over the head with the wireless guitars that I just HAD to have.  :P

Good on those who can rock it out, though.

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: 451-74Charger on January 04, 2010, 04:40:45 PM
Its been 25 years since i had guitar lessons, I cant play anywhere near as well as I thought i could  :rofl:
Once you learned barre chords, you were ready to tour the world, right? Me too.  :smilielol:

I've been playing on and off for longer than that and I still can't play an entire song.,,, unless you count Jingle Bells.  :punkrocka:

lisiecki1

Quote from: dodgecharger-fan on January 04, 2010, 04:45:52 PM

Me too. It's because the buttons they want you to hit don't necessarily relate to where the note is compared to the last note...
i.e. They may have you "play" a button higher up the neck but he note is actually lower than the note you just played. It's counter intuitive to people that play real guitars.
It's worse when you know the song. You're brain is used to telling your hands to go one way, but the game is asking you to do something different.
I played GH on the PS2 for about a week and then stopped. I got too frustrated. :D My wife wants to hit me over the head with the wireless guitars that I just HAD to have.  :P

I can beat all the guitar heros and rock bands on medium and some of the beginning songs on hard but after that it all starts to run together and i get the aggro and go get the real guitar and play whatever it is just about note for note.....just to prove to the game that I'M THE F*CKING WINNER!  :icon_smile_big:
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

69bronzeT5

Quote from: dodgecharger-fan on January 04, 2010, 04:45:52 PM

That's the funny thing....I can play Crazy Train note for note on real guitar. I went to play it on Guitar Hero and I got really messed up (especially on the solo) because my brain and fingers wanted to do more notes :lol:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

451-74Charger

About all i can "play" is the intro to Smoke on the Water  :shruggy:

And thats Badly !! :smilielol:

Akron_Charger

i can play both!  :2thumbs: but im a music major...and i suck on guitar

Old Moparz

My daughter Kate got Guitar Hreo for Christmas, she likes it a lot. My wife Mary actually plays guitar & bass, & was getting really angry & stressed while trying to play Guitar Hero. I couldn't stop laughing & told her to put it down & take a walk.  :lol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry