News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Picture suggestion

Started by G-man, December 26, 2009, 11:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G-man

Hi

How on earth do people stick 10-20 pictures in 1 thread with no names comming up, its like 1 file?

Other than that... why not allow 10-20 pictures to be posted per 1 post... 4 is very limited...I just posted 50 of them and believe you me... It gets annoying not being able to add more than 4!

Troy

They use an off-site image host like Photobucket, Picturetrail, etc.

As for not allowing that many to be uploaded at once, there are several reasons:
1. Most people have slow upload speeds (usually 10-50 times slower than download) so there's a great chance the upload would time out and fail.

2. There are 30 posts per page so if each had 20 attachments that would allow the possibility of 600 pictures per page (or 120 MB at 200kB each). This would be completely unusable for anyone on dial-up and probably wouldn't work so well even for people with high speed (browsers would choke). If all these were hosted on this server the bandwidth hit would be ridiculous.

3. Most people don't ever run into the need to post that many pictures all at once. Exceptions would be car shows, new car purchases, or restoration threads (which probably get updated over time).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Foreman72

i use an image resizer to shrink the files to a smaller size...

http://www.freeimageconverter.com/
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

jaak

Yeah, I started using photobucket to post my photos....After I load pics on my computer, I upload them to photobucket, then all you gotta do is copy/paste the link. No more resizing, like mentioned you can upload as many as you can, you will also be able to type a caption under each picture,etc. And also you can use the photos on anysite, sites all have size restrictions, etc. So you just upload them to photobucket, then your done.
The only thing is if you ever take the picture off photobucket then they disappear from the sites you linked them on.

Jason

hemigeno

Quote from: Troy on January 02, 2010, 11:24:00 AM
There are 30 posts per page

Troy,

Is that an adjustable setting?  I went through all the settings on my profile page, and didn't find anything that looked suspiciously like a setting for this, and my PC only displays 20 posts per page.  Just curious...

:shruggy:

Troy

Quote from: hemigeno on January 08, 2010, 07:53:25 PM
Quote from: Troy on January 02, 2010, 11:24:00 AM
There are 30 posts per page

Troy,

Is that an adjustable setting?  I went through all the settings on my profile page, and didn't find anything that looked suspiciously like a setting for this, and my PC only displays 20 posts per page.  Just curious...

:shruggy:
Whops! I may have changed it when some of the picture threads got too big. It's set for the whole board - not per user. There are 30 topics in the index so maybe I just confused myself...

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.