News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 satellite convertible value question.....

Started by police1, December 16, 2009, 06:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

police1

hey guys. i am going to look at a 1970 satellite convertible. it's supposed to be very solid with no rot and worn out original paint. 318 auto. been in storage for years. i haven't seen it yet but if it's what the guy tells me what do you guys think it's worth? doesn't run,no rot but all complete car. :scratchchin: :scratchchin: :scratchchin:

moparstuart

they are very rare and low production NUMBERS    needbetter description and pictures .

last basket case i saw went for 12k
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

police1

i haven't seen the car yet. i'm going tomorrow. he pretty much said he's taking offers on it.....

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Ghoste

471 Magnum used to have one.  I don't recall what he paid or sold it for but he's pretty sharp about that kind of thing (paying attention to the value of cars he wants or has already had, that is) so you might want to pm him if he doesn't see this thread.

police1

thanks ghoste. only reason i'm asking is the guy basically the owner owes him money and he's trying to get the car sold for him. i guess he's a big time alcoholic and has had the car for years.

471_Magnum

As Ghoste mentioned, I had a pretty nice one. 318 auto. EV2 w/white interior and top. Factory cruise. Very solid south west car. Older restoration with some minor modifications. VERY NICE CRUISER.

EIGHT YEARS AGO, I sold it for about $14K. Probably couldn't get it back now for $25K, but I think you could score a nice one in this market for less than $20K

Interestingly, there is currently a 70 Satellite on ebay now that has to be a one of one. F8 green with white. 383-4V. A/C. THREE SPEED manual.

The power train/transmission combo makes it one of two. Factor in the A/C and color and it's safe to say you'll never cross paths with another.

It appears to be a basket case, and probably destined to be a Road Runner clone:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PLYMOUTH-SATELLITE-1970-CONVERTIBLE_W0QQitemZ300375778032

Here's another for reference:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PLYMOUTH-SATELLITE-1970-CONVERTIBLE_W0QQitemZ300375820640

"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

moparstuart

:popcrn:  here is how mine was optioned when new , it has changed alot since then  .

tripleblkr/t

I love 70 satellite verts and runners, :drool5: I'm going to have one some day.

rustafarian

A '69 Coronet 500 convertible went up on CL this summer in Chicago for $20k,  clean car by an angry wife. He may snoop here,  but anyways I wasn't the only one who thought that was a bargain.  He got wind of what she was doing and wouldn't go under $30K.  Blue with white top/interior ended up on ebay but I was so disgusted I didn't see where the auction ended.  Not at him.
Beyond the Palace hemi-powered drones scream down the boulevard

moparstuart

70 coronet and satelite/roadrunners convertibles were producted in fewer #'s then the 69's   

BigBlackDodge

I found one in my home town years ago.........I wonder if it's still there. I believe they only made 701 '70 Sat Converts.

BBD

71ChallengeHer

I wish I still had my 70 Satellite vert. Plum Crazy , 318 , AT , PS , PB, PW, PT, AC,  cruise control, AM-8 track. pedal dress up , deluxe interior. Dang ,why did I have to meet my ex.  :brickwall: :brickwall:

471_Magnum

I've got a CarDomain page on the one I formerly owned:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3114247

Check it out.

Didn't have a digital camera at that time, so pictures are scarce.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

moparstuart