News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

SUggestion

Started by G-man, December 13, 2009, 02:51:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G-man

Hi

Instead of having "Charger pictures post here" thread thats locked to the top....

Howabout have a 66-67 charger category, all 68 owners category, all 69 owners category and 70 charger category (71-74 or 71, then 72-74) locked at top

That way people that are after seeing what members have done to their 68 for example as they themself want a 68 can click on 68 thread and see pro-touring, custom seats, pro-street, drag cars etc (whetever the members that own 68s have done including original doesnt matter) and have some idea as to which way they would want to go with there own car...

Then a 69 thread for 69 lovers who wuld like to see the vast ideas of members owning 69s have done, then 70's etc.

I think its worth it, will have each model categorized that way for any onlooker that has a dream set on particular model and can see with the vast members ideas of original/custom etc what can be done and sorta say 'wow i like his wheels, flip the page, wow i like that interior though' etc etc... and do something with there own accordingly.

Just my thoughts, I personaly think it would be worth it.

Ghoste

I'm pretty sure it was discussed before and at that time the general concensus was to start dividing it up would just make for a site that hosted several small cliques as opposed to one grand Charger loving whole.  The mood may be different now. :shruggy:
I know when I want a year specific fix though I just log onto one of the year specific sites for awhile. :Twocents:

69bronzeT5

Because the "Post your Charger" thread is at like 180 pages? :lol: Someone made the "Show your '68s" thread so for fun I made the "Post Your '69s" thread.....who knew I'm gone for one night and there are threads for everything but the '72s & '74s :smilielol:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

METROID

I don't know I like the way things are but a couple pages at the top would be helpful to some of us. Its nice to be able to ask what if questions as far as exterior goes and be able to know where to look for pix of your year. I tried looking at the post your charger section and it is just to large and filled with other years to find what I am looking for. I have only been back on the site recently but since I have come back and even when we were on the old site I got lots of help from people who don't even own the same Gen as me and sometimes they had better info then 2nd gen owners. I guess what I am trying to say is I don't think tabs at the top will cause segregation as long as we are just posting pics of our ride and nothing else.

Now if we are talking about having individual sections for each year for all intents and purposes then I agree it's a bad idea   :rotz:.

G-man

Was thinking just from a picture perspective. Not what options you got etc etc to make it like a different site under the one site. All info etc should be still done as is, and I believe the 180+ page charger picture area shouldnt be removed... just thought for quick reference if you wanted to 'see' what 68s 69s etc look like big wheels small wheels so on (whatever the owners of that year has done) will kinda be an easy way to guide your thoughts as to what you yourself like.

Myself eg: I love 68s, but I love 70 rear ends...

I would now look at 68s and hopefully someone has one with huge wheels on the back... with custom gauges... then id go to 70 section and just scroll through hoping i saw a 70 in Orange so i see how the rear tailights look with an orange paint job, even a blue paint job.... hopefully someone has the wheels i thought of buying etc....

Would just make quick/easy guide to seeing your own dream car model and by seeing 100 cars from 100 different owners you might just make up what you like, the colour of person A: the wheels of person B: the interior of person C: The huge tires of person D:

And now you have your dream car, you saw 4 different cars, but you put all 4 together (his interior, some1 elses size wheels, the other persons paint job etc as mentioned) into 1 car... now you have your dream car which is all those 4 cars in 1.

Lookign through 180 pages to find your 68... gets tedious and becomes more or less "please post your pictures" as we have  started 68 threar, 69 thread, 70 thread. Eventualy that will be on the back pages as its not locked... im just saying lock those 3 threads already started to the top for quick reference.  :shruggy:

69bronzeT5

Unless we had some kind of "ID post" on the Post Your Chargers thread. You know like for example....

Page 1: Johnny Sixpack- '69 Charger SE & '70 Charger R/T SE
           Mefirst- '70 Charger race car
           XS29J8- '68 Charger Hemi R/T
           Lostsheep- '68 Charger

G-man

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on December 13, 2009, 05:35:21 AM
Unless we had some kind of "ID post" on the Post Your Chargers thread. You know like for example....

Page 1: Johnny Sixpack- '69 Charger SE & '70 Charger R/T SE
           Mefirst- '70 Charger race car
           XS29J8- '68 Charger Hemi R/T
           Lostsheep- '68 Charger

That would work also and would only make for 1 locked thread rather than several. But to gather all the info/links etc... would be much harder to keep up with.

69bronzeT5

Somebody up for it? I'm already way behind on the restoration thread :lol:

Troy

The old site had a Member's Rides Gallery that was separated by year. One of these days we'll have one here. It would be pictures only of course.

There are no plans to split any of the other sections by year since most of the technical information spans multiple years.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

charger Downunder

Quote from: Troy on December 13, 2009, 12:04:22 PM
The old site had a Member's Rides Gallery that was separated by year. One of these days we'll have one here. It would be pictures only of course.

There are no plans to split any of the other sections by year since most of the technical information spans multiple years.

Troy

Good point
[/quote]

stripedelete

Quote from: Troy on December 13, 2009, 12:04:22 PM

Troy

I think it might be a very effective reference tool. Maybe require/request  paint code, wheel, tire size & brand with the post?