News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need 68 Detailed Restoration Link

Started by mopar_nut_440_6, December 12, 2009, 10:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopar_nut_440_6

Hello,

I have been digging around a lot lately looking for a very detailed link to a 68 Charger factory restoration as I am getting close to paint and starting to get the rest of my parts ready. I was hoping to find a link as detailed as Hemi Geno's one. I have spent a lot of time looking at the 69 Hemi resto but 68's have some differences and I want to make sure I get it as close as possible.

Can anybody point me any links on this board or another?

Cheers,

James

1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

Troy

hemi68charger had some pretty detailed threads on his 68 Hemi Charger restoration. He sold it before it was finished but there was a lot of good info.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Sixtyeight

Charger Registration of the Netherlands / www.charger.nl
1968 R/T Charger
1969 Base Charger

mopar_nut_440_6

Thanks for the links guys much appreciated.

I had also forgotten that a friend, Dave,  from Cardomain was restoring a very clean 68 and he is well on his way. Some very nice work happening on it.

Here is the link:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3143982

What are you all doing to restore these parts one at a time? In other words, I do not have the room to rip every last piece of the car apart so that I can do bulk painting of all of the parts which are the same color. If I mix up paint and do these in small batches it will take a lot longer and waste a lot of paint. I will do that if I have to but was hoping there was a better way as there are many colors involved. I wish I had a sandblast booth and set up paint booth but unfortunately like most I have a multi purpose garage.

Cheers,
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude