News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Project '69 Resto Thread - Uh-Ohh... 10-18-14

Started by bill440rt, December 11, 2009, 06:13:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

resq302

Actually, I would test it out with some retro Aerosmith....... Sweet Emotions! :2thumbs:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

b5blue

Another good one, but I was shooting for 1969 or so!   :lol:

bill440rt

Great suggestions, guys!
I've been filling my iPod steadily!!  :smilielol:

Although, I like a wide range of stuff from classic to newer. Some ZZ Top, White Zombie, Linkin Park, Collective Soul, & Joe Satriani also round out the iPod mix.

(Here's where this thread turns into an ugly music debate... I hope not!!)  :rofl:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

b5blue

Not at all! Great list Bill!  :cheers: You have to feel like an 8 year old the day before Christmas!  :lol:

Just 6T9 CHGR

I figured since he was rollin' on one-nines he'd be playing Snoop D-O-Gizzle or Ludacris...

I can picture it now.....Bill with his shades on, blacked out Yankees cap on sideways, tinted windows rolled down halfway, doin' the 5mph "gangsta roll" into the Mopar Nats @ E-Town.....system turned up to 11 (his goes to 11 ya know)....trunk rattlin' the melodic sweet sounds of Ludacris' "Move Bitch!  Get Out Da Way!"

For those that dont know the lyrics....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aW4u0d9MNs
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

bill440rt

Aw, SNAP!!!  :smilielol:
You know I don't roll like dat, Chris!  :coolgleamA:

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

resq302

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on May 09, 2010, 08:16:07 AM
I figured since he was rollin' on one-nines he'd be playing Snoop D-O-Gizzle or Ludacris...

I can picture it now.....Bill with his shades on, blacked out Yankees cap on sideways, tinted windows rolled down halfway, doin' the 5mph "gangsta roll" into the Mopar Nats @ E-Town.....system turned up to 11 (his goes to 11 ya know)....trunk rattlin' the melodic sweet sounds of Ludacris' "Move Bitch!  Get Out Da Way!"

For those that dont know the lyrics....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aW4u0d9MNs

Now, Chris.  You know Bill isn't into that.  Otherwise he would have equip'd the car with hydaulics.  Wait!!!!! :o  Please tell us Bill that you did not do that upgrade without telling us. :lol:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

bill440rt

I might be going out on a limb here by saying that hydraulics is definitely NOT an upgrade!!!  :D

hemi-hampton

Deep Purples "highway star" the only way to go. Maybe Golden Earrings Radar Love :2thumbs:  Looks good.  :2thumbs: LEON.

Hemidog

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: hemi-hampton on May 09, 2010, 11:30:10 PM
Deep Purples "highway star" the only way to go. Maybe Golden Earrings Radar Love :2thumbs:  Looks good.  :2thumbs: LEON.

Good choices!! and throw in Black Betty too.

by the way Bill, I have the 2livecrew cd if you want to burn it.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

bill440rt

Thanks, Brian!
But, I find their video's much more entertaining!  :smilielol:

Good news, the car is back home!!  :woohoo:

Audio installation turned out very nice, here are some shots of the finished trunk. There are also 2 Alpine 6x9's on the deck, Alpine X-series in the doors with tweeters on the pillars. Had some troubles with the factory radio, so they installed an Alpine CD head unit under the driver's seat for now. Still looking into getting the converted factory radio to work, but at least I have the car back to continue reassembly.
Here are some shots of the finished trunk. I've since pulled the tail light cover out to dye it black, and there is a black vinyl cover coming to hide the spare. I'll post pics of the door panels & stuff as they are installed.

bill440rt

bill440rt

Now for the good, the bad, and the ugly.
Good part is I got the car home, & the audio installation itself was done nicely.
BAD part is I had a BAD mishap happen on the way home. Let's just say that I'm OK, but the car suffered some mechanical injury that has me in a battle right now with SSBC.  :flame: :flame:     Left rear brakes are shot, left rear wheel, and a nice big chip in the side of the driver's door.  :flame: :flame:     I'm waiting on my insurance company right now, since SSBC will probably do NOTHING for me.

What to do during this down time? Keep going!!!
Time to install the remaining trim and interior. Here's the rear trim just for you, Brian!  ;)    (The license plate is temporary, I got the personalized plate now ready to go. Just6T9, I think you'll like it.  :cheers: )
And, some shots of the start of the interior installation. You can buy these plastic sheet barriers repro, but they are cheaper to make out of heavy sheet plastic for pennies. I have a lot more done, & will post more pics soon of the progress.

tan top

oh no !! glad your ok  bill !! not  good ! by the sound of it ! could of been worse !
:'(  doubt you want to talk about it here , but guessing something snapped or come appart  ?? :RantExplode:
stereo instalation looks real good  :yesnod: :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

HITMAN 149

wow looos great bill!! glad your ok!!!!  :2thumbs:
yea im kinda worried now... i hear alot of probs w/ SSBC brake stuff?!?!? i did a front disk kit on my r/t....  ::)

i also have a question.... i don't understand.. all you guys do allll this "aftermarket" work to your cars... but are soooooo afraid to put a modern stereo in the dash!?!?!? i just don't get it!!! lmao
keep up the goood work!!  :2thumbs:
you going to E-town this weekend?!?!?
i may go on sunday!?!?
-john
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

Just 6T9 CHGR

Definitely not good what happened Bill  :rotz:

Im rootin' for you in your corner & hope all works out OK.....it could have been much worse...thank God it wasnt.

See you in the AM :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

bill440rt

Quote from: HITMAN 149 on May 14, 2010, 08:10:55 AM

i also have a question.... i don't understand.. all you guys do allll this "aftermarket" work to your cars... but are soooooo afraid to put a modern stereo in the dash!?!?!? i just don't get it!!! lmao

Very easy answer, John. I wanted it to be DIFFERENT. Hacking the dash for an aftermarket head unit is not something I wanted to do. How many people on here have a full system controlled by the factory looking radio? I only know of one other member, Autodynamics. How cool is that?

On a side note, thanks to all for your concerns. I WILL have this straightened out!!  :flame:
I have many speculations as to how the damage happened, someone is responsible for it. The sooner I get it resolved, the sooner I get the car on the road.

Just keep chugging....
Here is some more progress of the interior. At least I can take my time. Got the rear door panels, rear seat belts, and seat installed. I laid the carpet in there to help it conform, I'll finish it off with the front carpet & the rest of the rear seat.
More progress pics coming!

resq302

Holy crap Bill.   First, glad you are ok.  Second, I hope your car gets fixed and to your liking.  Lastly, go after them fast and hard.  Don't let their second rate parts or lame excuses cost you money.  Ill see everyone on Sunday since Sat is taken up with family stuff now.  On a positive note, the family crisis seems to have had a miracle happen.
Brian

HITMAN 149

Quote from: resq302 on May 14, 2010, 09:32:40 PM
Holy crap Bill.   First, glad you are ok.  Second, I hope your car gets fixed and to your liking.  Lastly, go after them fast and hard.  Don't let their second rate parts or lame excuses cost you money.  Ill see everyone on Sunday since Sat is taken up with family stuff now.  On a positive note, the family crisis seems to have had a miracle happen.
nice!! glad to hear brian!!! yes im going on sunday too.. we"ll have to hook up & say HEY!!!  :cheers:

ehhhh bill i guess your right.. old lookin am factory radio.. just not my gig!!! lol
:2thumbs:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

Belgium R/T -68

Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

bill440rt

Keep chuggin' away....   :buff:

Here are some more pictures of the interior progress. Rear seat, door panels, armrests, etc are done. Seat belts are in, & carpet. The radio head unit is under the driver's seat (for now), which I plan on moving to a different location inside the car. I'm thinking of remote mounting the faceplate in the console. Has anyone else ever done this?

bill440rt

Next, I installed the console. The Keisler shifter cable tucks nicely in the front part of the console.
I hid the cruise/performance dual-mode switch for the trans inside the console. I set aside some room next to the switch, plans are to put the electric trunk release switch next to it in the near future.

bill440rt

Here is the finished console.

Next are the front seats, kick panels, sill plates, and front door panels. I'll update soon with that.

As for SSBC and my "small" disaster, they are basically not doing very much except offering parts at a discounted rate.  :flame:    Turns out, they said the wheel studs THEY supplied in the kit were not long enough, but it was up to ME to determine that. There was about 5/8" of thread engaging in the lug nut, they said was not enough. I also installed them according to the instructions, and are blaming me for not doing it correctly. The wheel company stated that should be a sufficient amount of threads to engage the lugs.
I'm in discussion with my insurance company at this point. Bottom line is if I had to do brakes again, I'd go with either Brembo or Baer.  :Twocents:

69*F5*SE