News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Port polish 452's

Started by FLG, December 06, 2009, 09:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLG

Hey guys,

I have a set of 452's i want to clean up. Nothing crazy, im not looking to be perfect (no way ill get that), but i want them to flow a bit more. Can someone school me on this? I assume i need a dremel (which i have) and some kind of kit? or buy things individually?? I have some old direct connection porting templates. Which i assume will work??

This is very new to me so the more info i can get the better. If you guys think i should have a pro do it, then tell me. Figure would be good to keep me busy for awhile.

FLG

Well,

Did some research on the forum myself, looks like ill be needing a few air tools and the grinders and stuff that go with em. Maybe best to just get them done professionally. Can someone recommend someone and give me an idea on price? The heads need to be completely cleaned up first.

R2

I use Dwayne Porter (Porter Racing Heads),,,,he does very good work.

Other options are Jeff at Modern Cylinder Head in Michigan,,,,Muscle Motors,,,,or Best Machine (also in Michigan)

FLG

Any idea on what ill be spending?

I keep reading up on the forum and hear mixed things, some say send it out...others say you can easily do it yourself with a dremel and the porting templates.  :eek2:

R2

Not sure on price,,,they might not be able to tell you until they look at them,,,and make sure they are ok,,,with no issues...etc.

I know i paid around $1000-1300 for some porting work on my edelbrock heads......

You can "buy" iron heads eg,,,452's,,or 906's already ported,,cleaned up per se,,,from anywhere $799-$1200,,,

Any thought about upgrading to some aluminum ?,,,eg Edelbrock performers ?,,,

R2

I leave porting work up to someone who knows what they are doing....otherwise,,,i would turn them into expensive door stops....