News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Transmission in on my 73 can I get on trans mount now?

Started by WH23G3G, December 06, 2009, 07:40:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WH23G3G

Ok I finally was able to get two friends to help me get in the 727 on my 73 Charger after I tried by myself and crushed my thumb from the converter falling on it. Well now it is in and bolted to the engine. I just have to torque the bolts down tight. I even added a quart of transmission fluid to the converter and made sure it was fully engaged this time. But I forgot the little bolt on crossmember where the transmission mount bolts onto is off. Will I be able to get that back on with the transmission in? So now it's just hook up linkages, lines, and driveshaft and it's time to do the cam break in.

R2

Sounds like you could just support the trans with a jack,,remove the 4 large bolts that hold the cross member on,,,,pull the cross member off,,,,and install the bolt,,,etc,,,,that you need.

Did you locktite the convertor bolts ?

WH23G3G

I did locktite the flexplate to crankshaft flange bolts. I bought new flexplate bolts from Mr. Gasket that came with washers. I used the washers but didn't put any loctite on. I torqued them to the factory specs at 23LBS-FT. I can always go back and do that.