News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Car Insurance (Liability)

Started by FastbackJon, December 01, 2009, 05:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FastbackJon

I'm with Farmers Insurance. I have two newer cars I could daily drive. Currently one is on storage insurance (Comp) and the other on regular insurance (Liability+Comp).

What bugs me is that if I want to insure myself for liability for both vehicles, the liability insurance cost doubles.

But wait, isn't liability to cover me to pay someone else in case I hit them, no matter what I'm driving?

Then it seems that I should only have to pay a single flat fee for liability no matter how many cars I own, since I can only drive one at a time.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

BigBlackDodge

Ya, but what if you cloned yourself! :scratchchin:

-Farmers Insurance

Silver R/T

or you had a twin brother that you didn't know about lol
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

mauve66

how is the insurance agent going to pay for his ski boat or summer cabin at the lake, quit thinking about yourself for a change dammit....................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Arthu®

I'm not familiar with U.S. car insurance rules, but in Europe the liability is connected to the car because it is not necessarily you that has to be driving. So for example if I had 3 cars in my name I would still need 3x liability because the other two could very well be driven by other people. Here it all depends on how much you drive as well, if you drive more costs go up.

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

89MOPAR

I think Arthur got it correct. Someone else could be driving your other car with your permission, and both your cars could get into an accident at the same time, then what ?
  Also the liability component is priced differently for different cars.  If you have a Sebring, and 50% of Sebring owners get into accidents, as opposed to 30% of Neon owners who get into accidents, it follows they will charge more to insure the sebring.  Also figured on an average amount of damage - personal and vehicular- caused by a certain model of car.
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

FastbackJon

I need to find an insurance company where I can tell them no one drives my cars but me, so insure me only for liability, not all my cars. That would be nice. Liability should be connected to the person anyway, if I let my mom or whomever drive my car and she gets into an accident with it, her liability insurance should cover that, not mine.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV