News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 Charger with A/C

Started by Buzzit1, November 30, 2009, 06:10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzzit1

Have been working trying to get the A/C working on my 70 Charger R/T.  The fan blower motor will  come on or off on command but only 1 speed (seems about medium to me) is present. The ac/heater controller valve has just been replaced.   Is there a switch or relay or fuse that I need to look into/replace so that the variable speeds  work coming from the blower motor?  Is there any sort of a test I can do to try and sort out exactly where the problem is coming from?

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Jim

268RTs4ME

You should have a resistor plugged into you heater box, look down under dash at heater box, make sure resistor is plugged in,if it is ,unbolt it and see if it is burnt in to, will have some curlly resistor wires that sometime burn out.

CalNor Charger

Hi
Regarding the Blower Motor Resistor.Have had problems myself recently and found out that the one of the Resistor coils was burbed off.OK so I installed a new one . Before installing it I turned on the fan switch to low and up to high and saw that the the coils became glowing red hot. Should these get so hot I don`t know.Shouldn`t think so.Could be resistance in fan switch or blower motor.Have tested blower motor and it`s ok.Remember to get the right Blower Motor Resistor made for AC.It has 3 in 1 contact and one single contact.Hope you understand all this since I live in Norway.
Regards a True Charger Fan.
Sven

268RTs4ME

Another simply thing as always make sure you have good grounds...