News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 project Hemi on the bay

Started by Evolution69, November 30, 2009, 04:11:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evolution69

Hello all...
69 project Hemi on the bay

I'm sure most of you have seen the 69 hemi charger on the bay

How much do you think its worth? Keeping in mind its not numbers matching and doesn't have a broadsheet..

I've been wanting a real deal hemi project for awhile and finally have the means to do so now.

I've come across about 20 hemi cars for sale but most are either to far gone, Or autos, There is also a 69 hemi road runner on ebay right now and I've talked to the seller and his a real nice guy and have been considering this car as its all most complete and the guys not asking the world for it, Only thing is its an auto. I'dd prefer a 4 on the floor

Anyway about the charger, It doesn't  tick all my boxes but i am considering it, the only thing is the seller isn't sure what he wants i've asked him a few times now. So thus i wanted to ask you guys what you think is a price he would except or an idea for me to make an offer.

Thanks allot for your time

Linky

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200410590486&viewitem=&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching
Matching numbers 1968 Dodge Charger RT

"Because bad guys always drove Chargers" - Richard Hammond

PocketThunder

Looks like over half the work is done for you already.  I dont know HEMI car values that well but i'll guess $30,000 would be a good price.  You can buy hemigeno's 69 RT 4-speed car for the low $60's and its already done.  I would want to make sure the vin number matches the numbers on the trunk drip rail and the radiatior support to be sure the the vin number tag and fender tag were not cut off of a different car.

Paul
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

charger_fan_4ever

I'd also check the areas where the body #'s are to make sure they have not been cut off a donor hemi car and welded in place.
Was a guy in quebec last year trying to sell a hemi rodrunner in a boxt. You got vin/fendertag, body #'s.  :o for $9k

hemigeno

Thanks for the plug, PT...  :P

My car still has not sold, although there are a couple of overseas buyers still mulling things over.  Guess having a strong Euro against the $ makes things more affordable.  On a brighter note, a business meeting went somewhat well today which may ease the financial pressure a bit which had put me in a selling mode.

Quote from: Evolution69 on November 30, 2009, 04:11:03 AM
I've come across about 20 hemi cars for sale but most are either to far gone, Or autos, There is also a 69 hemi road runner on ebay right now and I've talked to the seller and his a real nice guy and have been considering this car as its all most complete and the guys not asking the world for it, Only thing is its an auto. I'dd prefer a 4 on the floor

This IS a 4-speed car.  You can see the transmission/bellhousing, and the fender tag calls out D21 as well.

Hemidoug

What is the original color combo....it would make a nice project for the right coin but i wouldn't reach for it...I think it's right where it is now.
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

Evolution69

I was talking about another car hemigeno its a 69 RR also on ebay right now which is an original hemi auto car.
The charger is a 4 speed car

Would you guys say 35-40k tops is ok? I think in this market its a fair price some ive talked to say 30k.

Ill put my offer forward to the seller its up to him at the end of the night.

There are always other hemi cars poping up from time to time

Thanks alot

teamroth

If I remember correctly he has been selling that one for a while. I thought most of the ads I saw said don't come knockin unless you got 50k. I could be wrong.  :shruggy:
The one problem you could run into is that maybe the reason a price has not been set is that he is simply seeing what the market value is.
Offer him what you feel is fair. I have a hard time believing he could turn down 45-50k,(if he's serious) but that's just me.
Best of luck.  :cheers:
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

Evolution69

charger_fan_4ever

$60k reserve not met  :shruggy:

Did it have a complete new interior also ? Sounded like no bodywork was done just ready to start. Looks solid, but still you could dump $5k at the shake of a stick in paint and prep.

hemi68charger

At an obvious reserve higher than $60K, he'll be owning it for quite a while for a car in its shown condition. In this buyer's market, that's way too much.

Just my 2cents..........

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Evolution69

60k + for a non no matching car is alot, There are 2 done chargers for sale right now at 60-65k

I offered 45k might of gone to 50k but beyond that its not worth it guys asking to much im sure his going to keep it for a while

Mean while ill just carry on saving and maybe get a done car..

Regards

hemi68charger

Quote from: Evolution69 on December 03, 2009, 08:08:47 PM

Mean while ill just carry on saving and maybe get a done car..

Regards

Keep on it.... I'm the definition of "Never give up"......

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection