News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A few pictures I took at Chuck & Blair's shop today (PICS) - Updated 4/16/2011

Started by jb666, November 28, 2009, 06:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

Quote from: Back N Black on June 30, 2010, 05:36:37 AM
Great pics! i would love to tour that shop.

Well come on over, you'll get the grand tour of a 3 of the most amazing facilities  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Quote from: dads_69 on June 30, 2010, 03:20:05 AM
Nice rides. Thats all I own now is Ford Lightnings. Drove a 763 H.P. L today, yikers was it fun!
Keep up the great photos.

Mark

Very cool -- Thanks  :cheers:

jb666

Ok people... I have some new pictures for you to check out.. First, I wanted to show you a tank that Chuck built and custom painted for a buddy of his. It was raining the day I went by the shop, so we couldn't get these out in the sun light, but let me say these pcs are absolutely stunning in person.

Next... Check out the reflection on this truck the guys are restoring... Absolutely INCREDIBLE. I took shots up close and a bit further back so you'd believe it was a reflection from a painted surface instead of a trick....

Check out this mint original (one) owner Lemans..

Well, I'll have plenty more this weekend... Lots of new projects going on in the bat-cave!!!!!!!!!! Stay tuned...

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

MoparManJim

Dang!! I love the fenders!  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: 

I also like the other vehicles as well.  :yesnod: :2thumbs: 

jb666

Ok, here's some new pictures from my most recent visit...

This is the original from for the Auburn. it's been completely restored and it ready to be painted. Under it you'll see the 2-speed Columbia rear end.

Once the body comes back from the sand-blasters, this will really start to come together.

This is a cool ride.. A low mile '66 Bonneville. It was painted 2+ years ago and has been in storage since.

If you look close, you'll find a motor under there somewhere. It almost seems to get swallowed up by the monstrous cavity.

All new wood grain has been installed, along with polishing of all factory chrome trim.

What makes this even rarer, is that this is one of the hard to find "ONNEVILLE" convertibles...

The truck with the incredible reflective finish sits waiting to be finished...

The Lemans is going to be out cruising topless some time soon, too.

The Vette we've watched come together is finally in primer!! This car has got THE SEXIEST LINES!!

And I'm happy to announce that MY CAR, surrounded by 250+ imports at a large show held by the local Toyota dealership, took BEST OF PAINT at the show!!! I am especially happy about this because there was some REALLY nice paint-work on display at this show...   Just so you know, I didn't just "drive in" to an import show. It was open to ALL makes/models, and was for a VERY good cause ... Finding a cure for Cancer. All $$ went to the Dana Farber Institute, and they raised over $6k, so I was proud to drive The General in!!

That's all for this week!!

FLG

Congrats Jeff!

You will be seeing me soon, hopefully before my trip next month.

tan top

congretulations  Jeff  :cheers: :cheers: :yesnod: :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:  & thanks for posting the pictures  :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

jb666

Quote from: FLG on July 18, 2010, 04:12:01 PM
Congrats Jeff!

You will be seeing me soon, hopefully before my trip next month.

Thanks Frank. The Saturday night show was a complete surprise... We planned on hitting one Friday night and nothing for the rest of the weekend.. Instead I had to have a tooth yanked Friday and missed the show and went to this instead  :cheers: :cheers:

Quote from: tan top on July 18, 2010, 05:43:10 PM
congretulations  Jeff  :cheers: :cheers: :yesnod: :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:  & thanks for posting the pictures  :2thumbs:

Thanks!!!!  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Tilar

What happened with Carlisle? I thought you were going to have the General out there?
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

jb666

Quote from: Tilar on July 18, 2010, 06:18:07 PM
What happened with Carlisle? I thought you were going to have the General out there?
My daughter was in a car accident the night before... It was my priority. 

Tilar

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

jb666

Quote from: Tilar on July 18, 2010, 06:43:26 PM
Ouch, How is she?
Shaken up more than anything. Chuck is fixing her car now as a matter of fact!!!

jb666

Well, the boys are at it and going strong, once again.. I stopped in yesterday, before the big car show in Halifax (I hear I missed a special guest yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!).

Anyways, the guys have a couple of new projects that just arrived at the shop. One of my all time favorite cars will be going together before my eyes... A '71 Camaro (Split bumper). This will be awesome..

Here's a few shots of what the shop looks like right now..

And you thought Oprah had a large rear end??

A cool Caddy, filled with bubble-wrap!!

That's all for this week!! Stay tuned, this is sure to get good!!

And this shot, I liked, taken later in the night at the car show was cool.. 3 vehicles with some mild to wild Metal flake work that came out of the bat-cave side by side!!

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jb666

Ok people, another visit has come and gone. As you can see, work on the Auburn is continuing right on schedule.

The mad scientist hard at work!!

When I first pulled in, I noticed the shell of the '57 sitting out in the sun baking...

Looking in the booth I see Blair, hard at work spraying the pcs of the '57.. keeping in mind this day was 90+ degrees that that suit is like a giant sauna suit...

My parting pictures..

Then, just as I thought it was going to be an overcast night for the car show, Mother Nature came through and gave us all an awesome night!

See ya next week!!!

MoparManJim

jb666

So, another week has come, and another visit has gone... Here are the pictures from this weeks visit.. The Alburn has had some progress. There's a really cool old Mopar sitting in the spray booth. The '57 has had a week to bake. The old Caddy is shaping up, and the 'Maro is going to be a show stopper when the guys are done with it!!  So, without any further babbling.. here goes nothing!

Till next week!!!

MoparManJim

Just when I was having a bad time, ol Jeff comes through  :yesnod: with something good! or great! Jeff, thanks for making my night a good one bud  :2thumbs: 

jb666

Quote from: MoparManJim on August 15, 2010, 07:57:36 PM
Just when I was having a bad time, ol Jeff comes through  :yesnod: with something good! or great! Jeff, thanks for making my night a good one bud  :2thumbs: 

Jim , I'm glad you enjoy them!!  :cheers:

TUFCAT

Jeff, I really enjoy your weekly posts....please keep em coming!!!  :2thumbs:

jb666

I was late getting by the bat-cave this week... I stopped there this morning, on my way back from The Cape..  SO MANY AWESOME PROJECTS I don't know where to start...

So I'll begin with this '69 Roadrunner. This is an absolutely amazing car, in every sense. C&B painted this 4 years ago, and it's been out here and there since, but is just being wet-sanded and buffed now. It looks incredible in person, so I hope these shots give you an idea of what I saw...

Here are a few random images... The Lemans is all wet-sanded and buffed, as well!

Here's Chuck, hard at work pinstriping one of his latest works of art (welding helmet)

Speaking of Chuck... Every artist has his image to uphold.. Chuck is no exception.. This guy oozes talent and has more skill in one finger than I have ever possesed.. So without any further ego-exploding statements, here goes!!

TO BE CONTINUED............

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

jb666

Check this out... 100% molded from a block of BONDO!! I mean seriously, besides BK Auto building my General Lee, WHO ELSE can do stuff like this with Bondo!!

Now... Check out these two fenders. You've seen the Black/Red one on the left before, but there's a story to go along with the fender on the right...

This is a perfect example of why Chuck refers to Blair as "the God of paint work"!!! This fender was cracked in the middle... Blair spent some time on this, fixed it (and it's paint) and you'd never know it had a problem. There is NOTHING this guy can't do.. The best part of him?? He does this with the greatest of ease and never sweats anything out..  He reminds me SO MUCH of my father it's not even funny. It's an honor to know someone like him.

Well, that's where I cut my visit off... The wife was at home waiting for me to unload the car from the weeekend.. So off I went... I hope you enjoyed these shots, and I'll see you next weekend after I've been to/from the bat-cave!!

jb666

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on August 22, 2010, 08:11:12 PM
GREAT pictures Jeff!!! :cheers: The Roadrunner is a '70 though  ;)

Ya know what's funny, is I had that in my original write-up.. But you know, I own a '69, so obviously everything else is a '69 too!  :nana:

I LITERALLY just finished editing, uploading, organizing and posting 500 pictures into multiple albums.. My eyes are toast...