News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

so what should be on my list...

Started by Foreman72, November 28, 2009, 03:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

resq302

For the money, I would not get a cutting torch.  I have access to my friends and have only used it once.  Oh, do yourself a favor and get breaking bars!  At least one in 1/2" drive, maybe even one in 3/8" drive.  Those have to be two of my most valuable tools.  Also flare nut wrenches if you plan on doing anything with fuel or brake lines.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Foreman72

still looking...floor jack torch and torque wrench on the list right now...any more disassembly tools?
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

NHCharger

Actually a torque wrench is more of an assembly tool, something you won't need for a while. A breaker bar would be something you will need.
When are you coming home for x-mas and how long is your break?
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Dodgecharger74

heavy duty wide base jack stands need good support to stay safe
74 charger se
82 dodge PU fleetside short box 440
05 magnum 5.7 Hemi
04 rumble bee hemi

Silver R/T

air compressor
air tools, D/A, grinder, etc
welder
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Foreman72

Quote from: Silver R/T on December 05, 2009, 10:59:48 PM
air compressor
welder

yeah the compressor is certainly on the list...any recommendations?

Quote from: NHCharger on December 05, 2009, 06:57:22 PM
Actually a torque wrench is more of an assembly tool, something you won't need for a while. A breaker bar would be something you will need.

i'll be home the 17th and i'll be leaving the 3rd of January...so we can plan around that...you busy?
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

NHCharger

Quote from: Foreman72 on December 06, 2009, 12:40:50 AM

i'll be home the 17th and i'll be leaving the 3rd of January...so we can plan around that...you busy?

Wow, that's a short xmas break, UNH has at least a month. I'll shoot you a PM.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

resq302

Quote from: Foreman72 on December 06, 2009, 12:40:50 AM
Quote from: Silver R/T on December 05, 2009, 10:59:48 PM
air compressor
welder

yeah the compressor is certainly on the list...any recommendations?

Quote from: NHCharger on December 05, 2009, 06:57:22 PM

Best thing for a copressor is get one that is an oiled pump type compressor.  I have had an oil free one grenade on me in under a year.  Also, try to find a belt drive type vs. the direct drive, they are much quieter and you get less complaints from the neighbors when it is constantly running.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

A383Wing

If you are going to run body air tools such as an air sander or grinder, you will need to get a compressor that has enough CFM to keep up with the air use that the tools use. Not so much on the impact guns, but the air DA sanders use a large volume of air. If you get too small of a compressor, you will have to wait for the compressor to kick off after it reaches set pressure to continue sanding or grinding.

I have a 5hp, 60gal upright in my garage...works fine for all the air ratchets and impact guns I have here...it's not capable of running an air sander from it...not enough volumne.

mauve66

yeah but you can supplement it with all your hot air, right Bryan.................................. :pity: :pity: :pity: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment