News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Unilug Help - searched everywhere

Started by jkornoff, November 24, 2009, 08:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkornoff

I cannot figure this out for the life of me.  Searched the internet high and low today, but too many, or not enough answers.

I have a set of 4 Vector Wheels.  Two are standard 4.5, the other two are unilug.

What are the proper lug nuts for the standard?  Plain old 60deg acorn?  With washers?  What type of washer?  Or Mag lug with washer?  Or something else?

Unilugs.  Oh boy.
Offset washer?  Keystone, ET, Cragar?
Round washer, same as the standard set?
Lug nut?  Acorn?  Standard Mag style?

I don't know why lug nuts are giving me so much trouble, I just can't figure it out! hahaha  I bought a set of Keystone offset washers today just to see, and the hole seems to be offset too close to the inside.  The inside of the washer hole doesn't line up with the inside part of the wheel hole.

Thanks!

jkornoff

I think I've figured out what I need.  Mag lug nuts and mag round washers.  Gonna visit Custom Wheel Accessories, Inc. today and go through their stuff to see the exact combo needed.  These lug nuts should work on both the standard and unilug.

b5blue

jkornoff

Thanks Blue - I did switch the studs out to right hand threads.  Turns out we found that 1/2 inch medium shank mag lugs with standard round mag washers are what were needed for BOTH the standard pattern and the 'unilug'.  Wheels bolt up great and center correctly.

b5blue

So you got it! I was thinking I had a box of them around here but I can't find it.  :2thumbs: