News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"Classic" rock songs you absolutely can't stand

Started by 71charger_fan, November 30, 2005, 09:12:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zoecube

Not to get off topic,but, there is a new documentry about the doors coming out on the 29th for those of you that care.Back on topic I have never understood all the hype behind sultans of swing by the dire straits and lowrider by war is also getting old along with 80's metal.

chargergirl

Maybe get a blister on his little finger...maybe get a blister on his thumb...AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And my sons favorite song when he was little! AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
Trust your Woobie!

Manfred318

Quote from: chargergirl on June 14, 2010, 06:39:19 PM
Maybe get a blister on his little finger...maybe get a blister on his thumb...AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And my sons favorite song when he was little! AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
That was "Money for Nothing"

"They dont give a damn about any trumpet playing band. It aint what they call rock 'n' roll..."
I actually like that song. I have the album. (2 copies I think)

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

elacruze

Quote from: 69DodgeCharger on June 14, 2010, 08:26:32 AM
Styx - Come Sail Away (Hopefully with the entire band into a hurricane)
<snip>
Huey Lewis - The Heart Of Rock And Roll Is Still Beating (If only Huey's would have stopped before he wrote that)

This could go on indefinately, but....

Dang...

We're going to have a difficulty parking next to each other LOL.
Some on that list are truly awful but I don't dislike most of them, and some are preferred... :shruggy:
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

derailed

Funny how the same group can produce a song that makes your skin crawl and at the same time put out one that you never get sick of. I could listen to suite madame blue all day long.

MoparSam

Quote from: TruckDriver on December 02, 2005, 06:39:32 AM
Quote from: Chryco Psycho on December 02, 2005, 02:15:50 AM
Quote from: danny gutierrez on December 02, 2005, 12:57:52 AM
    who sings "Bad to the Bone" and "one Bourbon, one Scotch, and one Beer".   I've had enough of those two songs!!
George Thoroughgood ... I agree not great either

another that can't sing  :iagree:  :puke:

Those two are way over played on the air waves but I always thought Gear Jammer made up for it.

Absolutely cannot stand the band that shall not be named whose name by definition means "to be in a hurry" and anything by Bob Dylan, The Beatles, the Who and some of the 80's and most of the 90's stuff (also wonder how it makes it on classic rock stations).

On to the good: any ZZ Top, Lynyrd Skynyrd ('77 and earlier) and the all the unreleased stuff makes me wonder why it wasn't (Was I Right Or Wrong for example), Marshall Tucker Band, Molly Hatchet... ok all Southern Rock, Eagles, AC DC, Tom Petty and the list goes on.
'68 Charger R/T 440
'74 D-100 Adventurer 318
'75 Ramcharger 360 4x4 4 Speed
'78 Ramcharger 360 4x4 4 Speed
'67 Dart GT (Soon 440)
'05 Ram 1500 4.7
1/2 '71 Dart

loudmouthaussie

if youre sick of american classic rock. try some aussie stuff  :coolgleamA:

this is a real cool song  :cheers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILd1O44BDqc
1970 PLYMOUTH SUPERBIRD. 440/6BBL/BENCH/AUTO/VITAMIN C.
1979 FORD RANCHERO GT 351.
1960 AUSTIN HEALEY MK1 BUGEYE SPRITE 1275/4 SPEED.

loudmouthaussie

RusTy/SE

Children of the Sun - Billy Thorpe

Love Hurts - Nazareth

I know they were both monster hits when released but I just can't wrap my mind's air guitar around either :shruggy:

TK73

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

Cooter

I simply cannot believe some you guys don't like Bruce Springsteen...

"She's a hot steppin' Hemi with a 4 on the floor                                           
"She's a Roadrunner engine in a '32 Ford"
"Late at night when I'm dead on the line"
.."I swear I think of your pretty face when I let her unwind"

GREAT F**KIN' lyrics..

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

moparstuart

Quote from: Cooter on June 22, 2010, 05:40:09 PM

GREAT F**KIN' lyrics..

he can write great songs , lots of hit he has written for  other people , but I hate his voice 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

elacruze

Quote from: loudmouthaussie on June 20, 2010, 05:19:42 AM

Hey, we love AC/DC so much they had to start wearing the Aussie flag to convince us they aren't from the U.S.! We've co-opted them.  :musik010:
I admit to liking Men at Work too.  :blush2:
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

69bronzeT5

Don't like Bruce Springsteen.........

A song I can't stand AT ALL is 'Centerfold' by The J. Geils Band..... :eek2:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

loudmouthaussie

Quote from: elacruze on June 22, 2010, 08:32:33 PM
Quote from: loudmouthaussie on June 20, 2010, 05:19:42 AM

Hey, we love AC/DC so much they had to start wearing the Aussie flag to convince us they aren't from the U.S.! We've co-opted them.  :musik010:
I admit to liking Men at Work too.  :blush2:

we kinda co-opted AC/DC too. angus & malcolm both scottish. bonns parents were scottish but he was born here i think.

brisn johnson english  :o

PA Dodger

Anything by Rush makes me want to stab myself in the ears with a fork. :eek2:
Tom Petty is the reason the seek/search button was invented. :D
'69 Charger / '69 Dart convertible/ '74 Cuda

BIRD67

The Beatles: Honestly how the hell can you call this pile of garbage "rock"?!
The Rolling Stones: People said that The Who are getting too old, these people look and perform like corpses!
Poison: can you even justify putting this under "Glam Metal"? There is no metal at all, in fact, its all just glam.
Metallica: sure they were great in their day, but they have become way overrated and one can only listen to "Enter Sandman" so many times until they start eating sand!
Def Leppard: Their early stuff was incredible, but they just kinda left the scene and went all commercial and boring..
KISS: when you write songs about fans killing themselves on their way to see your concert, then you know you've attracted the wrong crowd of people..
Van Halen: no, not Van Hagar, but the original lineup see's way too much radio time on my local stations, besides, DLR is a Douche... :Twocents:
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign. -Number 6, The Prisoner

R.I.P. Matthew Fraser 4/30/10

69bronzeT5

Quote from: BIRD67 on June 23, 2010, 10:26:35 PM
Metallica: sure they were great in their day, but they have become way overrated and one can only listen to "Enter Sandman" so many times until they start eating sand!
KISS: when you write songs about fans killing themselves on their way to see your concert, then you know you've attracted the wrong crowd of people..
Van Halen: no, not Van Hagar, but the original lineup see's way too much radio time on my local stations, besides, DLR is a Douche... :Twocents:

I disagree on these 3. Sure Metallica's new stuff isn't the greatest but their old stuff plain ROCKS. No matter what. KISS, come on dude.....Detroit Rock City is an AMAZING song and Van Halen also kicks ass....
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Manfred318

The Rolling Stones: People said that The Who are getting too old, these people look and perform like corpses!
Poison: can you even justify putting this under "Glam Metal"? There is no metal at all, in fact, its all just glam.
Def Leppard: Their early stuff was incredible, but they just kinda left the scene and went all commercial and boring..

Ill have to agree and disagree with the Metallica one. On the one hand Enter Sandman is way over played so is The Unforgiven, but as a whole the Black album was pretty good. Personally I liked all of their albums with the exception of St. Anger :puke:
The rest is pretty spot on in my book. I never really cared for Def. Lep either. I did like On Through the Night pretty good tho. Wasted is a really cool song.

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

BIRD67

Quote from: Manfred318 on June 24, 2010, 12:28:12 AM

Yeah On through The Night I think is their best album! I got it on Casette!

Ill have to agree and disagree with the Metallica one. On the one hand Enter Sandman is way over played so is The Unforgiven, but as a whole the Black album was pretty good. Personally I liked all of their albums with the exception of St. Anger :puke:
The rest is pretty spot on in my book. I never really cared for Def. Lep either. I did like On Through the Night pretty good tho. Wasted is a really cool song.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign. -Number 6, The Prisoner

R.I.P. Matthew Fraser 4/30/10

jaak

Quote from: jaak on June 13, 2010, 10:06:13 AM
Anything by Styx or REO Speedwagon  :brickwall: Pure garbage.

Jason

Oh yeah another band I cant stand is Night Ranger....they suck too!

Jason

chargergirl

Quote from: Cooter on June 22, 2010, 05:40:09 PM

Not a big fan of Springsteen but the husband is:
"Found the secret to the universe in the engine of an old parts car"
"Barefoot girl sitting on the hood of a Dodge, sipping warm beer on a hot summer night"
It's just all about cars and girls...Greetings from Asbury Park

GREAT F**KIN' lyrics..

Trust your Woobie!

adauto

Am radio that I cant hear over the loud pipes! All good far as I'm concerned..  :2thumbs:

Play CD's in my truck ... I hate commercial radio!!!

pardon my rant...
Never too many! 70 Chally R/T Convert-70 GTX-68-69-74 Charger-68 Dart GTS

http://a-dauto.com/  http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

4cruzin

Well it appears that there are alot of different opinions on music here as I just read this whole thread.  As stated prior, I am a huge RUSH fan as they were my biggest influence in my guitar playing.  I think I probably have most of their 38 albums and my favorite is the latest one . . snakes and arrows.  There isn't a song on there that I don't like. 

But back on topic  . . . Can't stand The Doors, Jimmy Hendrix is over rated, Janis should of never started signing, the beatles should of stayed in the 60's, Rolling Stones should retire for good, All the Journey songs sound the same, Dire Straits suck, and I completely hate Michael Jackson. (yes I know it isn't rock)  Someone said the other day that they can't believe it has been a year and got mad when I said "Thank God!" 

And if the beatles were alive and toured again, I wouldn't go.  Kiss doesn't rank up there much either as they had to wear makeup just top get attention cause their music sucked.   
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .